Kendig and Chernick’s Disorders of the Respiratory Tract in Children, 8th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Kendig, Chernick’s Disorders of the Respiratory Tract in Children is the definitive medical reference book to help you confront critical challenges using the latest knowledge and techniques. You’ll get the state-of-the-art answers you need to offer the best care to young patients.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Get comprehensive, authoritative coverage on today’s hot topics, such as interstitial lung disease, respiratory disorders in the newborn, congenital lung disease, swine flu, genetic testing for disease and the human genome, inflammatory cytokines in the lung, new radiologic techniques, diagnostic imaging of the respiratory tract, and pulmonary function tests.
- Learn from the experts with contributions from 100 world authorities in the fields of pediatrics, pulmonology, neurology, microbiology, cardiology, physiology, diagnostic imaging, anesthesiology, otolaryngology, allergy, and surgery.
- Quickly search the complete contents online and access links to PubMed at www.expertconsult.com.
- Tackle the toughest challenges and improve patient outcomes with coverage of all the common and rare respiratory problems found in newborns and children worldwide.
- Get a solid foundation of knowledge to better understand and treat your patients through coverage of the latest basic science and its relevance to clinical problems.
"It would be fair to call this collaboration of more than 150 international experts "the reference" in pediatric pulmonary medicine. For pediatric pulmonologists, the book achieves its intended goals extraordinarily well. For general pediatric practitioners, it comes across as very reachable. It is an essential resource for those in the practice of pediatric pulmonology." - Joel C Seidman, MD(William Beaumont Hospitals) Doody 4 stars
By Robert W. Wilmott, MD, FRCP, IMMUNO Professor and Chair, Department of Pediatrics, St. Louis University; Chief Pediatrician, Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri
; Andrew Bush, MA, MD, FRCP, FRCPCH, Professor of Pediatric Respirology, Imperial College, Consultant Pediatric Chest Physician, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, United Kingdom
; Thomas F. Boat, MD, Christian R. Holmes Professor, Vice President for Health Affairs , Dean of the College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
; Robin R Deterding, MD, Professor of Pediatrics, Director, Breathing Institute, Children’s Hospital Colorado, University of Colorado, Aurora, Colorado
; Felix Ratjen, MD, PhD, FRCPC, Head, Division of Respiratory Medicine, Sellers Chair of Cystic Fibrosis, Professor, University of Toronto, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
and Victor Chernick, MD, FRCPC, Professor Emeritus, Department of Pediatrics and Child Health, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada