Clinical Ocular Toxicology E-Book
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
|Print - Hardback||$195.00|
Written by international authorities in ocular toxicology, including the Founder of The National Registry of Drug-Induced Side Effects and its current Director, this essential resource provides the clinically relevant information you need to effectively diagnose and manage herbal, chemical, and drug-related ocular problems. Comprehensive coverage of all drugs' generic and trade drug names, primary uses, ocular and systemic side effects, and clinical significance make this book - like its best-selling predecessor, Drug-Induced Ocular Side Effects - the ideal reference for quick, on-the-spot consultation.
- Leaders in the field provide need-to-know information on all aspects of ocular toxicology-all in one concise reference.
- Data from the National Registry of Drug Induced Ocular Side-Effects (Casey Eye Institute, Portland, OR) and the World Health Organization (Uppsala, Sweden) help you recognize and avoid drug-induced ocular side effects.
- A highly templated format makes retrieval of essential knowledge quick and easy.
- A wealth of full-color photographs provide vivid, visual diagnostic guidance.
- The latest information on approved medications helps you stay up to date and provide state-of-the-art care.
- Extensive coverage of principles of therapy, ocular drug delivery, methods to evaluate drug-induced visual side effects, and the role of electrophysiology and psychophysics gives you the knowledge you need to manage any challenge in ocular toxicology
- Authoritative guidance on ocular drugs and their use in pregnancy helps you safely manage the unique needs of these patients.
- The inclusion of the WHO classification system helps you determine whether a particular side effect is certain, probable, or likely to occur.
By Frederick T. Fraunfelder, MD, Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, Casey Eye Institute, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR, USA