Orthotics and Prosthetics in Rehabilitation, 3rd Edition
The most comprehensive physical therapy text available on the topic, Orthotics & Prosthetics in Rehabilitation, 3rd Edition is your one-stop resource for clinically relevant rehabilitation information. Evidence-based coverage offers essential guidelines on orthotic/prosthetic prescription, pre- and post-intervention gait assessment and outcome measurement, and working with special populations.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Updated photos and illustrations reflect current clinical practice.
- Updated chapter on Assessment of Gait focuses on clinically useful outcome measures.
- Updated chapter on Motor Control and Motor Learning incorporates new insights into neuroplasticity and functional recovery.
- NEW! Integrated chapter on Lower Extremity Orthoses assists in clinical decision making about the best options for your patients.
- NEW! Chapter on Athletics after Amputation explores advanced training and athletics, including running and athletic competition to enhance the quality of life for persons with amputation.
- NEW! Chapter on the High Risk Foot and Would Healing helps you recognize, treat, and manage wounds for the proper fit and management of the patient.
- NEW! Chapter on Advanced Prosthetic Rehabilitation provides more thorough rehabilitation methods beyond the early care of persons learning to use their prostheses.
- Comprehensive coverage addresses rehabilitation in a variety of environments, including acute care, long-term care and home health care, and outpatient settings.
- Authoritative information from the Guide to Physical Therapist Practice, 2nd Edition is incorporated throughout.
- World Health Organization (WHO) International Classification of Function model provides consistent language and an international standard to describe and measure health and disability from a biopsychosocial perspective.
- Case studies present real-life scenarios that demonstrate how key concepts apply to clinical decision making and evidence-based practice.
- A visually appealing 2-color design and a wealth of tables and boxes highlight vital information for quick reference and ease of use.
By Michelle M. Lusardi, PhD, PT, Associate Professor of Physical Therapy, Sacred Heart University, Fairfield, CT; Millee Jorge and Caroline C. Nielsen, PhD