Massachusetts General Hospital Handbook of General Hospital Psychiatry, 6th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Massachusetts General Hospital Handbook of General Hospital Psychiatry, by Theodore A. Stern, Gregory L. Fricchione, Ned H. Cassem, Michael Jellinek, and Jerrold F. Rosenbaum, is your ideal source of guidance on consultation-liaison psychiatry! Experts from the Massachusetts General Hospital-widely respected as one of the world's premier psychiatric institutions-provide practical advice on the diagnosis and treatment of psychiatric issues experienced by in-hospital, medically ill adults and children. This compact resource reads like a handbook, but delivers all the details you'd expect from a textbook.
New to This Edition
- Find information quickly thanks to an improved chapter organization, and get just the answers you need with concise yet complete coverage appropriate for psychiatrists and generalists alike.
- Implement the most current, effective pharmaceutical therapies as well as cognitive-behavioral approaches.
- Access the complete contents online, fully searchable, at expertconsult.com.
- Understand and manage the psychological impact of chronic medical problems, life-threatening diseases, disfigurement, and more.
- Effectively manage difficult patients, including those with hypochondriacal and conversion disorders.
"One of the best of its kind to appear to date, this book lives up to its promise to provide a 'handbook for professionals who work with medical and surgical patients.' It avoids excessive focus on theory and debate over current diagnostic terminology and derives its impact and effectiveness from very readable practical considerations of patient care in a general hospital setting."- Annals of Internal Medicine, review of a previous edition
By Theodore A. Stern, MD, Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School; Psychiatrist and Chief, Psychiatric Consultation Service, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA and Theodore A. Stern, MD, Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School; Psychiatrist and Chief, Psychiatric Consultation Service, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA