Workbook for Laboratory Testing for Ambulatory Settings, 2nd Edition
A Guide for Health Care Professionals
Reinforce your understanding of laboratory concepts, terminology, and procedures! Corresponding to the chapters in Laboratory Testing for Ambulatory Settings, 2nd Edition, by Marti Garrels and Carol S. Oatis, this workbook provides activities and exercises for additional practice with lab testing skills. Skill check-off sheets track your progress as you work through the competency-based procedures, and are designed to help you meet government standards for good laboratory practice.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Quality control Levy-Jennings charts have been added.
- Skill check-off sheets are included for five new procedures:
- Clinitek Analyzer
- Standard Hematocrit
- New A1c+ Ki+
- iFOB method for fecal occult blood
- Chapter exercises help you master the content and the skills covered in the textbook.
- Skills checklists are included for each lab procedure.
- The appendix includes quality control log sheets, lab maintenance log sheets, report forms, and a sample health screening assessment form.
By Marti Garrels, Marti Garrels, MSA, MT(ASCP), CMA (AAMA), Marti Garrels, MSA, MT(ASCP), CMA (AAMA)
Medical Assisting Program Director at
Lake Washington Technical College
and Carol S. Oatis, MSEd, MT SM (ASCP), CMA (AAMA), Microbiology Adjunct Instructor
Lake Sumter Community College