Andreoli and Carpenter's Cecil Essentials of Medicine, 9th Edition
Not Yet Published
Students, residents, and instructors swear by Andreoli and Carpenter’s Cecil Essentials of Medicine because it presents just the right amount of information, just the right way. This updated edition has been revised to provide the most current, easy-to-digest review of internal medicine. Comprehensive yet concise, it focuses on the high-yield core knowledge important to those established in or just entering the field.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Focused revision reduces the number of pages from the previous edition, providing more high-yield core information in an accessible format.
- Clear, concise writing style facilitates comprehension, while new figures, tables, and end-of-chapter references enhance readability and retention.
- Consistent format provides clarity. Each section describes key physiology and biochemistry, followed by comprehensive accounts of the diseases of the organ system or field covered in the chapters.
- Brand-new chapters on Thrombosis and Head and Neck Infections ensure coverage of the topics most relevant to each reader’s needs.
- Student Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience includes web-only extras, additional figures and tables, clinical photos, radiologic images, video procedures, imaging studies, and audio recordings, in addition to the fully searchable text and all of the images from the book.
- Excellent images and photographs vividly illustrate the appearance and clinical features of disease.
- Full-color design makes absorbing and retaining information as effortless as possible.
- Highlights the core principles of medicine and how they apply to patient care.
"For a medical student or resident, Cecil Essentials is an easier read that provides the 'core essentials' at a more reasonable price and lighter weight. It can actually be read in its entirety during a hectic 12-week clinical rotation." - JAMA, review of a previous edition
By Ivor Benjamin, MD, FACC, FAHA, Professor of Medicine, Physiology, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Cell Biology, and Surgery; Director, Cardiovascular Center; Chief, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine; Vice Chair, Translational Research, Department of Medicine; Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Robert C. Griggs, MD, FACP, FAAN, Professor of Neurology, Pediatrics, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine; Center for Human Experimental Therapeutics; University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry; Rochester, New York; Edward J Wing, MD, FACP, FIDSA, Professor of Medicine; The Warren Alpert Medical School; Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island and J. Gregory Fitz, MD, Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost; Dean, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School; University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center; Dallas, Texas