Dubois' Lupus Erythematosus and Related Syndromes, 8th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Recognized for more than 45 years as the definitive text in the field, Dubois’ Lupus Erythematosus and Related Syndromes strikes the perfect balance between basic science and clinical expertise, providing the evidence-based findings, treatment consensuses, and practical clinical information you need to confidently diagnose and manage SLE.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Discover the latest in systemic lupus erythematosus with new chapters on important emerging topics such as socioeconomic and disability aspects; and rigorously updated chapters that include expanded coverage of the nervous system, and the most in-depth discussion of immunity and regulatory cells.
- Learn from the very best. World-renowned rheumatologists Drs. Daniel Wallace and Bevra Hannahs Hahn, along with new associate editors Drs. Michael Weisman, Ronald Van Vollenhoven, Nan Shen, and David Isenberg, present definitive coverage on new and rapidly changing areas in the field.
- Rely on it anytime, anywhere! Access the full text, image bank, and bonus online-only chapters at www.expertconsult.com.
- Broaden your understanding with comprehensive coverage of every aspect of cutaneous and systemic lupus erythematosus, including definitions, pathogenesis, autoantibodies, clinical and laboratory features, management, prognosis, and patient education.
- Experience clinical scenarios with vivid clarity through a heavily illustrated, full-color format which includes fundamental images of lupus rashes as well as graphs, algorithms, and differential diagnosis comparisons.
"This is a comprehensive and extensive review of the definition, pathogenesis, serological/clinical manifestations, and current management guidelines of these syndromes. Chapters are organized well, for example, the clinical manifestations section is divided by organ system. Also helpful is the separate chapter on pregnancy in women with SLE, an issue I deal with on a regular basis. This is a thorough reference on lupus erythematosus, covering every aspect of this heterogeneous systemic autoimmune disease. "
- Maria Gonzalez-Mayda, M.D,Washington University Medical Center
4 Star - Doody's Rating, March 2013
By Daniel Wallace, MD, FAAP, FACR, Medical Director, Wallace Rheumatic Study Center; Attending Physician, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center; Clinical Professor of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California and Bevra Hannahs Hahn, MD, Professor of Medicine, Chief, Division of Rheumatology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California