Integrative Medicine, 3rd Edition
Expert Consult Premium Edition - Enhanced Online Features and Print
Sample ChaptersChapter 83 - Age Related Macular Degeneration Chapter 80 - End of Life Care Chapter 69 - Psoriasis Chapter 64 - Neck Pain Chapter 55 - Uterine Fibroids Chapter 41 - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease Chapter 35 - Hormone Replacement in Women
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Integrative Medicine, by Dr. David Rakel, provides the practical, evidence-based guidance you need to safely and effectively integrate complementary and alternative medical treatments into your practice. This medical reference book lays the framework for making the best use of these therapeutic modalities and understanding the mechanisms by which these interventions work, keeping you at the forefront of the trend toward integrative health care.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Implement proven integrative treatments for various diseases thanks to an evidence-based therapeutic approach.
- Weigh the likely effectiveness of various treatments vs. their potential harm with helpful icons based on the SORT (Strength of Recommendation Taxonomy) method.
- Validate potential interventions through the latest research in genomics and advanced imaging technologies, such as MRI.
- Access the full text, image bank, downloadable Patient Education Guides, and video collections online at www.expertconsult.com.
- Incorporate therapeutic integrative medicine modalities into clinical practice through the "Tools for Your Practice" section that offers how-to application for recommending mediation, prescribing probiotics, and how to do an elimination diet.
- Apply integrative treatments for a full range of diseases and conditions including autism, stroke, chronic fatigue syndrome, and various forms of cancer...see how to advise patients on health maintenance and wellness...and get valuable advice on topics such as meditation, diet, and exercises for back pain.
- Avoid potential complications with recommended dosages and precautions.
- Enhance patient care with therapy-based guidance and printable patient education guides.
"One of the more imaginative tools this book uses is an icon estimating the evidence base versus the potential harm of a proposed therapy - a quick intuitive warning for clinicians. This is an extraordinarily valuable book on many levels. I have encountered patients with preconceived ideas of what supplements they wish to take, often in very high dosages. For those wishing to take an integrative approach, this book outlines the correct dosages, contraindications, and other considerations.I highly recommend this book to every clinician who may be questioned by a patient interested in a specific therapy or who is considering adding these therapies."
- Vincent F Carr, DO, MSA, FACC, FACP, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
5 Star - Doody's Rating, March 2013
By David Rakel, MD, Assistant Professor of Family Medicine; Director, University of Wisconsin Integrative Medicine, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, WI