Medical Physiology, 2e Updated Edition, 2nd Edition
with STUDENT CONSULT Online Access
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
A cellular and molecular approach to physiology…in a clear, easy-to-understand styleTable of Contents
New to This Edition
Highly Commended at 2012 BMA awards in Basic and Clinical Sciences Category.
Medical Physiology, in its updated 2nd edition, firmly relates molecular and cellular biology to the study of human physiology and disease. Drs. Walter Boron and Emile Boulpaep and a team of leading physiologists present you with practical, accurate coverage, continually emphasizing the clinical implications of the material. Each chapter explains the principles and organization of each body system, while more than 1400 high-quality, full-color line drawings and prominently featured clinical examples clarify every concept. This exceptionally detailed and comprehensive guide to physiology is ideal for a rich, straightforward, state-of-the-art understanding of this essential subject.
- Quickly review important content using prominent boxes included throughout the text to provide clinical examples of disordered physiology.
- Master difficult concepts with the use of 800 color drawings that feature balloon captions explaining key processes.
- Find information easily with the intuitive organization by body system and consistent style.
"This new updated is perfect for students starting out in physiology and for those wanting to extend their knowledge further. I have enjoyed using this book for my medical science studies. It is written clearly and is well organised. Cascading biological events in the body systems are explained brilliantly and extensive illustrations support the text...Overall, this is a tremendousresource to assist with learning and I recommend it particularly to those having difficulties with any aspect of physiology."
Nursing Standard, February 2013
- Get up-to-date coverage of physiology with updated text and figures.
- Access the fully searchable text online at www.StudentConsult.com, along with Webnotes, Image Bank, 150 Self-assessment questions, and 10 physiology animations.
- Stay current thanks to updated material, including a new chapter on Physiology of Aging and a new section on hemostasis.
- Gain a clear visual understanding with a revised and updated art program of high-quality, full color line drawings and prominently featured clinical examples.
By Walter F. Boron, MD, PhD, Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT and Emile L. Boulpaep, MD, Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT