Handbook of Liver Disease, 3rd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
The Handbook of Liver Disease, 3rd Edition, by Drs. Lawrence S. Friedman and Emmet B. Keeffe, gives you quick reference to the most recent diagnostic and treatment options for patients with liver disorders. International authorities share the latest clinical findings and procedures to help you expertly manage illnesses like hepatitis B and C and hepatocellular carcinoma, as well as apply new practices like genetic testing, noninvasive imaging techniques, and so much more. Quickly access updated information on all aspects of liver disease including new drugs, therapy trials, and post-transplant conditions with this full-color, templated edition-in print and online at www.expertconsult.com.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Apply some of the latest treatments for liver disease including the role of pretreatment IL28B testing for patients with hepatitis B and C; radiofrequency ablation and sorafenib in cases of hepatocellular carcinoma; the use of the drug rifaximin to treat hepatic encephalopathy; and much more.
- Offer your liver transplantation patients the best prognosis and follow-up with the latest information on outcomes and the management of complications.
- Make informed treatment decisions with the latest clinical trial results for portal hypertension, autoimmune liver diseases, acute liver failure, and hepatic infections.
- Search the complete text online, download all the images, and test your knowledge with 200 board-style review questions at www.expertconsult.com.
Make optimal use of genetic testing to assess your patients’ risk of metabolic liver disease and to personalize treatment regimens for chronic hepatitis C.
Use blood test panels and noninvasive imaging techniques to evaluate the degree of liver fibrosis.
- Expedite diagnostic and therapeutic decision making with a highly templated outline format that uses full-color illustrations, tables, algorithms and figures, key point boxes, and alert symbols to present information at a glance.
"Handbook of Liver Disease guarantees quick access and easy-to-find answers for any practitioner who encounters patients with liver disease thanks to the templated format. This handbook will serve as a useful and valuable reference for busy practicing gastroenterologists and hepatologists, internists, family practitioners, other specialists, and trainees in gastroenterology and hepatology or internal medicine. The addition of review questions will be of particular use to readers preparing for the certification and recertification examinations in gastroenterology and hepatology." - SirReadALot.org
By Lawrence S. Friedman, MD, Chair, Department of Medicine, Newton-Wellesley Hospital, Newton, MA, USA; Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School; Professor of Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine, Assistant Chief of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA and Emmet B. Keeffe, MD, Professor of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine; Chief of Hepatology, Co-Director, Liver Transplant Program, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA