Essence of Anesthesia Practice, 3rd Edition
Expert Consult – Online and Print
Essence of Anesthesiology Practice makes it easy to formulate anesthesia plans through a consistent format and discussions of the problems, causes, comorbidities, and anesthesia implications for over 600 clinical topics. Drs. Fleisher and Roizen present a completely revised new edition that includes coverage of many new conditions, procedures, and drugs. Online access to the fully searchable text at www.expertconsult.com means that you can get the information you need more easily and conveniently.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Access the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com.
- Quickly reference key information using the carefully templated text that highlights the most important anesthetic considerations in a consistent, user-friendly layout.
- Stay current on the latest anesthetic implications in regards to coexisting diseases, procedures, drugs, and alternative and complementary therapies, including coverage of mitochondrial myopathy, atrial fibrillation ablation, awake craniotomy, stereotactic neurosurgery, neuroprotection, dexmedetomidine, and other hot topics.
- Easily formulate anesthesia plans through a consistent format that covers a single clinical topic on each page, with a review of its problems, causes, comorbidities, and anesthesia implications.
- Get state-of-art, reliable coverage from an international team of experts who discuss common and rare conditions and how to manage them.
- Understand the interactions of common drugs and alternative medicine so that you can develop anesthesia plans accordingly.
"This useful and practical reference is a good value for the clinical anesthesiologist or senior resident." - Anesthesiology, review of the previous edition
By Lee A. Fleisher, MD, Robert D. Dripps Professor and Chair, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care; Professor, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA and Michael F. Roizen, MD, Dean of the School of Medicine and Vice President of Biomedical Affairs, Professor of Internal Medicine and Anesthesiology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY