The Practice of Interventional Radiology, with online cases and video
Expert Consult Premium Edition - Enhanced Online Features and Print
The Practice of Interventional Radiology, by Dr. Karim Valji, presents a comprehensive approach to help you master the latest techniques. Online case studies teach you a wide range of interventional techniques, such as chemoembolization of tumors, venous access, angioplasty and stenting, and much more. With coverage of neurointerventional procedures, image-guided non-vascular and vascular procedures, and interventional oncologic procedures - plus access to the full text, case studies, images, and videos online at www.expertconsult.com - you’ll have everything you need to offer more patients a safer alternative to open surgery.Table of Contents
- Presents the entire spectrum of vascular and nonvascular image-guided interventional procedures in a rigorous but practical, concise, and balanced fashion.
- Stay current on the latest developments in interventional radiology including neurointerventional procedures, image-guided non-vascular and vascular procedures, and interventional oncologic procedures.
- Learn the tenets of disease pathology, patient care, techniques and expected outcomes, and the relative merits of various treatment modalities.
- Find everything you need quickly and easily with consistent chapters that include patient cases, normal and variant anatomy, techniques, and complications.
- Master procedures and recognize diseases through over 100 case studies available online, which include images and interactive Q&A to test your knowledge;
- Online videos that demonstrate basic and expert-level interventional techniques.
- Access the fully searchable text at www.expertconsult.com, along with over 100 cases, 1500 corresponding images, and videos.
"A superb addition to interventional radiology educational resources...Purchase of the book gives access to an additional 100 case studies viewed online as well as an online digital version of the text to allow electronic reading...There are six sections to the book, covering basic principles, all forms of vascular imaging and intervention, non-vascular and oncological interventions...this is a first class textbook that is excellent for both the trainee in IR and the established consultant who requires more information in any area of interventional radiology" - RAD Magazine, Aug 2012
"The Practice of Interventional Radiology appears to be an extensive and through resource that exactly mirrors its title. It is a pertinent and balanced text that appears appropriate for not only undergraduate students but also as a source of reference for clinical departments...The text is divided into six sections and starts with an overview of basic principles and techniques. The other five sections have been segregated into anatomical areas (aorta and peripheral arteries; visceral arteries and veins; pulmonary vasculature and venous systems), miscellaneous vascular interventions, and nonvascular and oncologic interventions. These integrate technique to pathology making use of excellent images to support the text...In conclusion, it would be a useful resource within the clinical department in addition to any university library." - Radiology, Oct 2012
"This is a superb resource for trainees in interventional radiology.
Interventional fellows should find this full of valuable information, while radiology residents will be able to appreciate the nature of these procedures as well as their indications. Faculty members and interventional radiologists in practice should find this a valuable reference." - Bennett S. Greenspan, MD, MS(Medical College of Georgia) Doody 5 stars!
By Karim Valji, MD, Associate Professor of Radiology, University of California, San Diego, San Diego, CA