Pathology for the Health Professions, 4th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$95.95|
Providing a sound foundation of pathology knowledge, Pathology for the Health Professions, 4th Edition gives you a clear, concise, clinically relevant overview of general pathology, including injury, inflammation, and neoplasia, followed by a detailed review of each organ system. A DEPPiCT approach presents each major disease in the same format that includes, when feasible, a description of Disease, Etiology, Pathogenesis, Pathology, Clinical features, and Therapy or prognosis.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Updated content details 16 hot new topics, including:
- Job's syndrome
- Pneumonia-causing fungus
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL)
- Rotavirus and Norovirus
- Venereal Disease Research Laboratory (VDRL)
- HPV vaccination
- Babies born infected with chlamydial infections
- Proliferative breast disease with atypia
- Phyllodes tumor
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Osteoporosis and Bone Mineral Density (BMD) testing
- Mechanical injuries of muscles
- Non-infiltrating astrocytomas
- More than 50 new clinical photographs and illustrations clarify complex pathology concepts.
- UNIQUE! 18 additional Did You Know boxes throughout the text reflect current health care concerns and help you apply content in the book to everyday practice.
- 76 new key terms and definitions familiarize you with important words you'll encounter on the job.
- A clear, non-technical writing style makes complex concepts more engaging and easier to understand.
- UNIQUE! DEPPiCT approach helps you study more efficiently by presenting each major disease in format that includes a Disease description, Etiology, Pathogenesis, Pathology, Clinical features, and a short discussion on Therapy or prognosis.
- More than 500 full-color images reinforce your understanding of disease conditions and general pathology principles.
- Learning objectives and review questions help you identify the most important concepts and assess your understanding of essential principles.
- Key terms are listed in each chapter and in a comprehensive glossary to help you easily access definitions of terms.
- Study tools on a companion Evolve website help you review key anatomy and physiology and provide answers to review questions in the text.
By Ivan Damjanov, MD, PhD, Professor, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS, USA