Online Internship for Medical Coding 2011 Edition (User Guide & Access Code)
Developed by leading coding author and educator Carol J. Buck, Online Internship for Medical Coding 2011 Edition simulates the experience of working in an actual medical center to help you hit the ground running in your first coding job. Practice applying the concepts you've learned in Buck's Step-by-Step Medical Coding and The Next Step, Advanced Medical Coding, and prove your proficiency coding in 18 specialties with an online portfolio you can print out to show potential employers.Table of Contents
- A complete online internship simulates actual on-the-job experience.
- 18 engaging modules simulate the work experience in a multi-specialty medical practice with 60 physicians on staff.
- More than 500 total reports, including 30 reports in each module, progress gradually from easy to more difficult cases.
- A non-graded trial exam and a graded final exam are included at the end of each module to help you assess your understanding.
- Coding time is tracked by report to measure your speed and accuracy.
- A printable portfolio of results enables you to share your final grade, module-by-module score, and list of reports with potential employers to demonstrate your proficiency.
- Answers and rationales help you understand the reasoning behind a proper coding sequence.
- A virtual desk lets you submit codes and reports electronically, just as you would in an actual clinic.
- Program locking allows you to stop the timer or take a break, since time and security are critical when on the job.
By Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CPC-H, CCS-P, Program Director (Retired), Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN