Clinical Radiation Oncology, 3rd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
First Prize winner, Oncology Book Category, British Medical Association 2012 Medical Book CompetitionTable of Contents
New to This Edition
- Get broad multimodality perspectives and unique insights from a diverse team of respected editors and contributors -many of whom are new to this edition - affiliated with institutions across North America and internationally
- Access the fully searchable text anywhere, anytime at www.expertconsult.com, along with references, additional images and tables, video clips and more!
- Stay current with comprehensive updates throughout that include a new chapter on survivorship issues, and additional video clips on treatments such as prostate and penile cancer brachytherapy.
- Improve outcomes by providing the most effective treatment for each patient with expanded coverage of new modalities and treatment regimens.
- Understand and comply with the latest staging guidelines.
- Deepen your knowledge with a comprehensive, clinical approach to the scientific foundations of radiation oncology and general oncology as well as state-of-the-art techniques and modalities.
- Implement a multidisciplinary, "team care" approach to providing intricate treatment plans for patients, often in conjunction with medical oncologists, and surgeons.
- Broaden your understanding of the basic biology of the disease processes.
- Examine the therapeutic management of specific disease sites based on single-modality and combined-modality approaches.
- Quickly and easily find critical information thanks to an easily accessible, full-color design with over 800 color figures that clearly depict treatment techniques.
"The previous editions of this comprehensive textbook of radiation oncology have been considered among the definitive resources for practicing and in-training radiation oncologists…This updated third edition should be a part of all radiation oncologists' reference libraries. It incorporates the pertinent scientific principles, technical aspects of treatment planning, and details of the diseases germane to the field of radiation oncology."
- James G. Douglas, MD, MS, Indiana University School of Medicine
5 Star - Doody's Rating, March 2013
By Leonard L. Gunderson, MD, MS, FASTRO, Emeritus Professor and Consultant, Department of Radiation Oncology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Arizona
and Joel E. Tepper, MD, Hector MacLean Distinguished Professor of Cancer Research, Department of Radiation Oncology, UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina