Palliative Care, 2nd Edition
Core Skills and Clinical Competencies, Expert Consult Online and Print
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Find out all you need to know about providing high-quality care to patients with serious illnesses from the 2nd edition of Palliative Care: Core Skills and Clinical Competencies. Drs. Linda L. Emanuel and S. Lawrence Librach, leaders in the field, address the clinical, physical, psychological, cultural, and spiritual dimensions that are integral to the care of the whole patient. They give you a broad understanding of the core clinical skills and competencies needed to effectively approach patient assessment, care of special populations, symptom control, ethical issues, and more. Clearly written in a user-friendly, high-yield format with convenient online access, this resource is your ultimate guidebook to the burgeoning practice of palliative medicine.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Expand your knowledge of palliative care issues with new chapters on Veterans, Special Populations, Prognostication, Delirium, Working with Families, Wound Care, Home Care, and Dealing with Economic Hardship.
- Find the information you need quickly and easily with a templated, high-yield format.
- Search the complete text online and access a drug formulary at www.expertconsult.com, along with billing and coding information.
- Improve your pain management and symptom management skills with a better understanding of best practices in palliative care.
- Quickly review specific treatment protocols for both malignant and non-malignant illnesses, including HIV/AIDS, heart failure, renal failure, pulmonary disease, and neurodegenerative disease.
Better understand and manage the common and unique challenges associated with delivering palliative care in various social settings, such as the ICU, hospice, and the home; and to diverse populations, such as children, elders, and vulnerable members of society.
"This book provides a comprehensive and thorough understanding of all aspects of palliative care."
Irish Pharmacy Journal. (review of the first edition)
By Linda L. Emanuel, MD, PhD, Buehler Professor of Medicine and Director, Buehler Center on Aging, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL; Professor of Health Industry Management and Director, Ford Center on Global Citizenship’s Health Section, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL and S. Lawrence Librach, MD, CCFP, FPFC, W. Gifford-Jones Professor in Pain Control and Palliative Care, University of Toronto, Director, Temmy Latner Centre for Palliative Care, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Canada