Kaplan's Cardiac Anesthesia: The Echo Era, 6th Edition
Expert Consult Premium Edition – Enhanced Online Features and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Optimize perioperative outcomes with Kaplan’s Cardiac Anesthesia! Dr. Joel L. Kaplan and a host of other authorities help you make the best use of the latest techniques and navigate your toughest clinical challenges. Whether you are administering anesthesia to cardiac surgery patients or to cardiac patients undergoing non-cardiac surgery, you’ll have the guidance you need to avoid complications and ensure maximum patient safety.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Tap into the latest knowledge about 2D and 3D transesophageal echocardiography, anesthesia delivery for minimally invasive/robotic cardiac surgery, assist devices and artificial hearts, cardiac pacing, cardiac resynchronization therapy, ablation techniques, and more.
- Access the complete contents online at Expert Consult, plus additional online-only features including an ECG atlas...videos that demonstrate 2-D and 3-D TEE techniques in real time...and an Annual Year End Highlight from the Journal of Cardiovascular Anesthesia that’s posted each February.
- Clearly visualize techniques with over 800 full-color illustrations.
- Update your understanding of cardiovascular and coronary physiology, and the latest advances in molecular biology and inflammatory response mechanisms.
- Master the newest approaches to perioperative assessment and management, including state-of-the art diagnostic techniques.
"This comprehensive textbook of cardiac anesthesiology integrates basic science with clinically relevant studies to provide an evidence-based approach to the clinical care of cardiac patients. It serves as the authoritative reference for the field and, as such, provides a thorough, referenced, evidence-based treatment of the subject… Overall, this is a worthy update of a fine textbook that will be valuable to practitioners and trainees in cardiac anesthesia, while serving as a reference for anesthesiologists who care for patients with significant cardiac disease. Of note, the significant revisions in this edition make acquiring it a consideration for owners of previous editions."- Muoi A. Trinh, MD, Doody’s 4 Stars!
By Joel A. Kaplan, MD, Dean, School of Medicine; Vice President for Health Affairs; Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY; David L. Reich, MD, Horace W. Goldsmith Professor and Chair of Anesthesiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York and Joseph S. Savino