Basics of Anesthesia, 6th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
With the most authoritative and complete overview of anesthesia theory and practice, the latest edition of Basic Anesthesia, edited by noted anesthesiologist Ronald D. Miller, MD and Manuel C. Pardo, Jr., MD, continues to serve as an excellent primer on the scope and practice of anesthesiology. Widely acknowledged as the foremost introductory text, the new edition-now presented in full color throughout-has been thoroughly updated to reflect new and rapidly changing areas in anesthesia practice including new chapters on awareness under anesthesia, quality and patient safety, orthopedics, and expanded coverage of new ultrasound techniques in regional anesthesiology with detailed illustrated guidance. You can access the full text and image library online at www.expertconsult.com.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Discover the newest in anesthesiology with rigorously updated chapters and the addition of appropriate new chapters on important emerging topics such as awareness under anesthesia; quality and patient safety; orthopedics; and expanded coverage of new ultrasound techniques in regional anesthesiology.
- Learn from one of the very best. World-renowned anesthesiologist Dr. Ronald D. Miller, along with new co-editor Dr. Manuel Pardo, presents definitive coverage on new and rapidly changing areas in anesthesia practice.
- Grasp vital concepts easily thanks to concise, easy-to-read, masterfully edited chapters and a user-friendly format-now presented in full color throughout.
- Gain a detailed visual understanding on how to perform ultrasound techniques in regional anesthesiology (Peripheral Nerve Blocks) using illustrations and high-quality images.
- Access the full contents anywhere, anytime at www.expertconsult.com.
- Obtain a clear overview of everything you need to know about the fundamentals of anesthesia, including basic science and emerging clinical topics.
- Efficiently retain and synthesize information more easily thanks to a concise, at-a-glance format with numerous illustrations and tables throughout the book that condense complex concepts, and ‘Questions of the Day’ to assist you in understanding key material presented in each chapter.
"… staying true to its mandate to provide solid introductory content and modernizing to keep current with available educational modalities and preferences, Basics of Anesthesia more than lives up to expectations. Therefore, it should continue to occupy the rarefied position of the primary introductory textbook of anesthesia for medical students and beginning trainees as well as the go-to text for those preparing for the written board exam or the seasoned professional in need of a focused review."
- Anesthesia & Analgesia, review of the 5th edition
By Ronald D. Miller, MD, Professor and Chairman, Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, Professor of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA and Manuel Pardo, MD, Professor of Anesthesia, University of California, San Francisco; San Francisco, California