Gass' Atlas of Macular Diseases, 5th Edition
2-Volume Set - Expert Consult: Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
The Fifth Edition of Gass' Atlas of Macular Diseases, by Dr. Anita Agarwal, provides expert diagnostic guidance on macular disorders and quickly brings you up to date on this evolving specialty. Using a case-based approach, it richly depicts a full range of retina and macular diseases, including new infectious, degenerative, and dystrophic conditions. Take advantage of the latest imaging technologies to identify common and rare disorders, and confirm difficult diagnoses with the aid of more than 5,500 high-quality images. Printed in full color for the first time, this edition is accessible online at www.expertconsult.com.
New to This Edition
- Get expert diagnostic guidance under the new authorship of Dr. Anita Agarwal, a protégé of Dr. Gass who has compiled the ultimate collection of images and hard-to-find case studies from around the world.
- Visualize the conditions you’re likely to see in practice and confirm your diagnoses by comparing your clinical findings to more than 5,500 images and illustrations (over 3,500 in full color).
- Obtain thorough advice on imaging and recognition of a full range of common and rare macular diseases using the latest approaches including fluorescein angiography, optical coherence tomography (OCT), indocyanine green (ICG), and fundus autofluorescence.
- Search the complete text online, download the illustrations and view a bonus stereoscopic image gallery at www.expertconsult.com.
- Rely on the same unique, richly illustrated case-descriptive format-encompassing history, clinical examination, and follow-up-that popularized the original book by the late Dr. Donald Gass, the famed ophthalmologist whose clinical expertise set new standards in macular diagnosis.
"Through her tireless efforts, Dr Agarwal, has updated this great book while maintaining the voice of Dr Gass in its pages. The fifth edition of the Gass Atlas is sure to continue its tradition of a trusted source to aid in the diagnosis and care of patients."
British Journal of Ophthalmology, June 2012
"This updated comprehensive atlas is justly considered to be the bible of macular diseases affecting the retinal periphery, in addition to optic nerve head diseases that mimic macular diseases...The text is accompanied by superb clinical, schematic, and histologic as well as imaging photographs...It is hoped tha the project of updating and expanding this book will be continued for the benefit of th entire ophthalmic community and its patients worldwide."
Graefes Archive Clinical Experimental Ophthalmology (2013) 251:1253, March 2013
"If the clinician needs a source to help make tentative or confirmed diagnoses of common and atypical retinal conditions, this is the go-to book."
Journal of Optometry and Vision Science, Vol. 90, No. 10, October 2013
By Anita Agarwal, MD, Associate Professor of Ophthalmology, Vanderbilt Eye Institute, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN