Virtual Clinical Excursions 3.0 for Foundations of Maternal-Newborn and Women’s Health Nursing, 5th Edition
One of the most complete nursing education learning systems available, Virtual Clinical Excursions guides you through a virtual hospital setting where the patients are real and their conditions are constantly changing. By immersing yourself in a realistic, yet safe, nursing environment, VCE allows you to get acclimated to the routine and rigors of the average clinical rotation where you can conduct a complete assessment of a patient and set priorities for care, collect data, analyze and interpret data, prepare and administer medications, and reach conclusions about complex problems. Each lesson has a textbook reading assignment and activities based on "visiting" the patients in the hospital, which provide a perfect environment in which you may "practice" what you are learning.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Online format enables you to access Virtual Clinical Excursions from any PC or MAC with an internet connection.
- NEW! Laboratory guide provides standard value ranges for all laboratory values offered within the virtual patient hospital, so you can confirm and compare standard lab values against your patients’ test results.
- Online workbook includes a set of lessons to prepare and guide you through a variety of patient scenarios, which are all connected to your textbook.
- Physical examination interactions include unique images and assessment findings for each patient scenario.
- Patient chart provides quick access to vital information such as physician’s orders, laboratory reports, patient education, nursing admission, and more, offering a richly detailed portrait of the patient.
- Electronic patient record houses data from the patient’s entire hospital stay and offers the ability to record new data findings.
- Nurse-client interaction videos depict conversations and situations involving nurses, patients, family members, and hospital staff to help you discern between communications that are ideal and those that need improvement.
- Updated drug reference includes a comprehensive set of the latest drug monographs to help you make the best clinical judgments involving medication administration.
By Sharon Smith Murray, MSN, RN, C, Professor, Health Professions, Golden West College, Huntington Beach, CA and Emily Slone McKinney, MSN, RN, C, Baylor Health Care System, Dallas, TX