Diagnostic Histopathology of Tumors: 2 Volume Set, 4th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Diagnose tumors with confidence with Diagnostic Histopathology of Tumors, 4th Edition. Dr. Christopher Fletcher’s renowned reference provides the advanced, expert guidance you need to evaluate and interpret even the most challenging histopathology specimens more quickly and accurately.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Employ immunohistochemistry, molecular and genetic diagnostic tests, and other modern techniques as well as the best morphologic diagnostic methods to effectively identify each tumor or tumor-like entity.
- Utilize new, clinically important molecular genetic data and updated classification schemes to help guide treatment and targeted therapy.
- Apply the latest techniques and diagnostic criteria with completely rewritten chapters on Small and Large Intestines, Heart, Larynx and Trachea, Ear, and Peritoneum.
- Find critical information quickly thanks to more tables and bulleted lists throughout.
- Access the entire text and illustrations online, fully searchable, at www.expertconsult.com.
- Diagnose efficiently and effectively using diagnostic flow charts, correlations of gross appearances to microscopic findings, and differential diagnosis tables for better recognition and evaluation of similar-looking entities.
"The fourth edition of this classic surgical pathology textbook. A must-have for any practising surgical pathologist."
PathLab, July 2013
"Highly Commended" - BMA Book Awards 2008
"An ideal resource for the busy surgical pathologist...an essential addition to the pathologist's library...Should be kept adjacent to the microscope." - NEJM, review of the previous edition
"The third edition of Dr. Fletcher's textbook on tumors continues the tradition of a well-organized and clear text with abundant color images that spans the entire range of human tumors that was set by the previous 2 editions... Few of us are as articulate as Dr. Fletcher in describing how these ancillary studies really are complementary to traditional morphology rather than replacements for it. As our field changes and evolves, our future role will in part depend on what information we can provide to our clinicians and how useful it is. Textbooks such as this allow pathologists to know the best information to collect and present, from both tradtional and new wave tests, to help clinicians care for their patients."- Advances in Anatomic Pathology, May 2008, review of the previous edition
"Previous editions of Diagnostic Histopathology of Tumours have been required additions to the bookshelf of any practicing surgical histopathologist, and this edition will be no different. It is comprehensive, well-laid-out, beautifully illustrated, and a joy to read. Each organ system is presented clearly, and the text is very easy-to-read, and practically-oriented. The quality of the illustrations is fantastic, and photomicrographs cannot be faulted. Practical diagnostic challenges can be approached with confidence with 'Fletcher', and this third edition will continue to be an authoritative source for trainee pathologists and more experienced practitioners alike. This is a 'must-have' text for diagnostic pathologists." - The Bulletin, July 2009, review of the previous edition
By Christopher D. M. Fletcher, MD, FRCPath, Vice Chair, Anatomic Pathology, Brigham and Women's Hospital; Chief of Onco-Pathology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute; Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts