Virtual Clinical Excursions 3.0 for Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, 6th Edition
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
One of the most complete nursing education learning systems available, Virtual Clinical Excursions guides you through a virtual hospital setting where the patients are real and their conditions are constantly changing. By immersing yourself in a realistic, yet safe, nursing environment, VCE allows you to get acclimated to the routine and rigors of the average clinical rotation where you can conduct a complete assessment of a patient and set priorities for care, collect data, analyze and interpret data, prepare and administer medications, and reach conclusions about complex problems. Each lesson has a textbook reading assignment and activities based on "visiting" the patients in the hospital, which provide a perfect environment in which you may "practice" what you are learning. The CD-ROM uses streaming videos to represent patients just as you would see them in a hospital setting and gives you access to highly detailed patient records- including charts, medication administration records, a Kardex-type plan of care, a drug guide, and an extensive electronic patient record system that has data for each client from the time of their admission throughout their simulation.
- Promotes active learning as you collect information and process data for evidence-based patient care.
- Workbook lessons complement the content of the textbook and link reading assignments with patients in the virtual hospital.
- Online workbook lessons allow you to complete assignments online.
- Exposes you to realistic information resources, such as the EPR, MAR, and patient charts, to prepare you for managing data and decision-making on the floor.
- A Medication Room contains a wide variety of drug storage areas.
- A medication administration function allows you to select, prepare, and administer medications.
- Contains common medication errors embedded within the software to boost clinical realism and reinforce the precepts of a safe medication administration in a harm-free environment.
- Includes a Drug Guide with drug monographs for all medications used within the program.
- Fully integrates psychological aspects of nursing through nurse-client interaction videos that underscore the psychological component of patient care.
- Clinical Alerts highlight major changes in each patient's condition.
By Elizabeth M. Varcarolis, RN, MA, Professor Emeritus, Formerly Deputy Chairperson, Department of Nursing, Borough of Manhattan Community College, New York, NY; Associate Fellow, Albert Ellis Institute for Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy (REBT), New York, NY and Margaret Jordan Halter, PhD, PMHCNS, Associate Professor, College of Nursing, University of Akron, Akron, OH