Operative Techniques: Spine Surgery, 2nd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Spine Surgery, 2nd Edition delivers step-by-step, multimedia guidance to help you master the must-know techniques in this field. Part of the popular and practical Operative Techniques series, this orthopaedics reference focuses on individual procedures, each presented in a highly visual, easy-to-follow format for quick reference.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- View 12 surgical videos at www.expertconsult.com demonstrating how to perform state-of-the-art procedures such as C1-C2 Posterior Cervical Fixation, Minimally Invasive Deformity Correction and Fusion, and Lumbar Disc Arthroplasty.
- Learn today's hottest techniques with new chapters on C2 translaminar fixation, vertebroplasty/kyphoplasty, internal laminectomy, and interbody fusion.
- See exactly what to do using step-by-step intraoperative photos demonstrating each technique, and radiographs showing presenting problems and post-surgical outcomes.
- Achieve optimal results using minimally invasive surgery whenever possible.
- Contain costs by using new implants related to pedicle screws and interbody devices, as well as new biologics such as BMP (bone morphogenetic protein).
- Benefit from the latest evidence-based information from randomized trials and retrospective studies.
- Access the entire text, fully searchable, online at www.expertconsult.com.
- Concentrate on precisely the information you need with brief, highly illustrated coverage of each surgical technique, complemented with just the right amount of relevant science.
- Find the answers you need quickly and easily with a strictly templated format for consistent and rapid visual reference.
"Recent advances in engineering and biomaterials, as well as increasing anatomic sophistication, have led to a surge of new surgical treatment options for patients with spinal disorders, justifying this second edition. Both the book and the online version will prove valuable in the operating theatre."- Samuel Chmell, MD (University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine) Doody Review Services
By Alexander R. Vaccaro, MD, PhD, FACS, The Everrett J. and Marion Gordon Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery; Professor of Neurosurgery, Co-Director of the Delaware Valley Spinal Cord Injury Center; Co-Chief Spine Surgery, Co-Director Spine Surgery; Thomas Jefferson University and the Rothman Institute, Philadelphia, PA
and Eli M. Baron, Cedars-Sinai Institute for Spinal Disorders, Los Angeles, CA