Dental Assisting Online (DAO) for Modern Dental Assisting (User Guide and Access Code), 10th Edition
Hello, we will be performing scheduled maintenance from 1:00 AM until 4:00 AM Eastern Standard Time on May 28, 2015. Due to this maintenance, ebooks will be temporarily unavailable for purchase. Print book purchases will be unaffected. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Corresponding to the material in Bird and Robinson's bestselling text, Modern Dental Assisting, Dental Assisting Online reinforces your understanding with a blend of content review and fun, engaging exercises. The first online course in dental assisting, DAO brings concepts to life with 35 interactive modules that include videos and animations, hands-on exercises, review questions, quizzes, and exams with instant feedback and rationales. Case studies present realistic patient scenarios and challenge you to apply what you've learned. Taking your understanding beyond simple reading and memorization, Dental Assisting Online helps you achieve competency in dental assisting procedures, think critically, and ultimately solve problems in the workplace.Table of Contents
- Correlation with Modern Dental Assisting matches modules to corresponding chapters in the textbook, with reading assignments that provide the necessary background concepts required to work through the module.
- Interactive exercises offer hands-on experience to reinforce concepts, including word-building, identification and labeling, sequencing, fill-in, crosswords, and multiple-choice questions.
- High-quality photos and drawings illustrate dental assisting concepts and procedures, as well as situations, equipment, and materials.
- Procedure videos and exercises help you learn the steps and demonstrate competency in each skill.
- Threaded case presentations focus on a fictitious patient within applicable modules so that you can become familiar with and apply what you've learned in following this patient's medical and dental histories, dental chart, and radiographs.
- Lesson quizzes and module exams test your mastery of content, and include immediate feedback.
- Expanded-function icons highlight content relating to the requirements for Expanded Functions Dental Assistants (EFDA).
- Flexible tooth identification allows you to see the description of a specific tooth using the Universal Numbering System or through other tooth numbering systems.
- A glossary includes definitions and audio pronunciations and is accessible from any screen within the course or by clicking on boldface key terms.
By Doni L. Bird, CDA, RDH, MA, Director of Allied Dental Education, Santa Rosa Junior College, Santa Rosa, CA and Debbie S. Robinson, CDA, MS, Visiting Research Scholar, Department of Operative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC