Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 4th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$127.00|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Providing a solid introduction to the essentials of diagnostic microbiology, this accessible, full-color text helps you develop the problem-solving skills necessary for success in the clinical setting. A reader-friendly, "building block" approach to microbiology moves progressively from basic concepts to advanced understanding, guiding you through the systematic identification of etiologic agents of infectious diseases.
New to This Edition
- New content addresses bone and joint infections, genital tract infections, and nosocomial infections.
- Significantly updated chapter includes current information on molecular biology and highlights content on multidrug resistant bacteria.
- Reorganized chapters accent the most relevant information about viruses and parasites that are also transmissible to humans.
- Case studies on the Evolve site let you apply the information that you learn to realistic scenarios encountered in the laboratory.
- Building block approach encourages recall of previously learned information, enhancing your critical and problem solving skills.
- Case in Point feature introduces case studies at the beginning of each chapter.
- Issues to Consider encourages you to analyze and comprehend the case in point.
- Key Terms provide a list of the most important and relevant terms in each chapter.
- Objectives give a measurable outcome to achieve by completing the material.
- Points to Remember summarize and help clearly identify key concepts covered in each chapter.
- Learning assessment questions evaluate how well you have mastered the material.
By Connie R. Mahon, MS, MT(ASCP), CLS, Director, Staff College, Center for Veterinary Medicine, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, MD; Adjunct Faculty, Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, The George Washington University, Washington DC; Donald C. Lehman, EdD, MT(ASCP), SM(NRM), Associate Professor, Department of Medical Technology, University of Delaware, Newark, DE, USA and George Manuselis, Jr., MA, MT(ASCP), Emeritus, Medical Technology Division, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH; Adjunct Faculty, Department of Natural Sciences and Forensic Science, Central Ohio Technical College, Newark, OH, USA