Introduction to Vascular Ultrasonography, 6th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Now in its 6th edition, Introduction to Vascular Ultrasonography, by Drs. John Pellerito and Joseph Polak, provides an easily accessible, concise overview of arterial and venous ultrasound. A new co-editor and new contributors have updated this classic with cutting-edge diagnostic procedures as well as new chapters on evaluating organ transplants, screening for vascular disease, correlative imaging, and more. High-quality images, videos, and online access make this an ideal introduction to this complex and rapidly evolving technique.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Stay current with trending topics through new chapters on evaluation of organ transplants, screening for vascular disease, correlative imaging, and accreditation and the vascular lab.
- Experience clinical scenarios with vivid clarity through new color ultrasound images.
- Watch vascular ultrasound videos and access the complete contents online at www.expertconsult.com.
- Benefit from the fresh perspective and insight of a new co-editor, Dr. Joseph Polak.
- Improve your understanding of the correlation of imaging results with treatment goals in venous and arterial disease.
- Find information quickly with sections organized by clinical rationale, anatomy, examination technique, findings, and interpretation.
- Get a thorough review of ultrasound vascular diagnosis, including peripheral veins and arteries, carotid and vertebral arteries, abdominal vessels, and transcranial Doppler.
- Quickly reference numerous tables for examination protocols, normal values, diagnostic parameters, and ultrasound findings for selected conditions.
- Visualize important techniques with hundreds of lavish line drawings and clinical ultrasound examples.
"This textbook constitutes an excellent investment for those wanting to acquire or to increase their knowledge of vascular ultrasonography." Journal of Clinical Imaging, review of last edition
"This book..has been a leading text in vascular ultrasound for many years and contains a wealth of information. Although the majority of the book focuses on ultrasound imaging, non-imaging techniques used in vascular assessment are also included... Each chapter is well illustrated with ultrasound images, some of which are new for this edition, including a small number of angiogrpahic images... This book should ideally be on the bookshelf of any department providing a vascular ultrasound service. It is also invaluable to any trainee in this field although due to its weight students will not carry it around with them. however this new edition provides password protected online access to an electronic version of the book which may help overcome this.
Radiology, Oct 2012
"Now in its sixth edition, this book is getting better and better with the introduction of vascular ultrasound evulation of organ transplant, vascular screening and online text and video access...The book is very well written and the contribution by various authors who are expert in the field made this book an excellent source of knowledge for those who seek to learn or update their vascular sonography techniques knowledge...I enjoyed reading this book and in my opinion it is the most comprehensive on the subject so far and should be on the shelf of every radiology department who provide vascular service. This book is aimed at all the vascular radiologists and sonographers who performs vascular ultrasound or are in process of learning .Overall an excellent work and a must-read book on vascular ultrasonography."
RAD, December 2012
"This edition offers some new information. If asked by a new student or resident which book to purchase, I would definitely recommend the sixth edition."- Donna Blackburn, MS, RN, RVT (Northwestern Memorial Hospital) Doody Review!
By John Pellerito, MD, North Shore University Hospital/NYU Medical Center, Manhasset, NY and Joseph F Polak, MD, MPH, Professor of Radiology, Tufts University School of Medicine, Vice Chair of Business Development, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts; Chief of Radiology, Lemuel Shattuck Hospital, Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts