Policy and Politics in Nursing and Health Care - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 6th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$60.42|
|Print - Paperback||$92.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Featuring analysis of healthcare issues and first-person stories, Policy & Politics in Nursing and Health Care helps you develop skills in influencing policy in today's changing health care environment. Approximately 150 expert contributors present a wide range of topics in policies and politics, providing a more complete background than can be found in any other policy textbook on the market. Discussions include the latest updates on conflict management, health economics, lobbying, the use of media, and working with communities for change. With these insights and strategies, you'll be prepared to play a leadership role in the four spheres in which nurses are politically active: the workplace, government, professional organizations, and the community.
New to This Edition
- 18 new chapters ensure that you have knowledge of the most up-to-date information on policy and politics.
- The latest information and perspectives are provided by nursing leaders who influenced health care reform with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010.
- Comprehensive coverage of healthcare policies and politics provides a broader understanding of nursing leadership and political activism, as well as complex business and financial issues.
- Expert authors make up a virtual Nursing Who's Who in healthcare policy, sharing information and personal perspectives gained in the crafting of healthcare policy.
- Taking Action essays include personal accounts of how nurses have participated in politics and what they have accomplished.
- Winner of several American Journal of Nursing "Book of the Year" awards!
By Diana J. Mason, RN, PhD, FAAN, Rudin Professor, Co-Director of the Center for Health, Media, and Policy, Hunter College, City University of New York, New York, NY
and Judith K. Leavitt, RN, MEd, FAAN, Health Policy Consultant, Barnardsville, North Carolina