Textbook of Critical Care, 6th Edition
Expert Consult Premium Edition – Enhanced Online Features and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Textbook of Critical Care, by Drs. Jean-Louis Vincent, Edward Abraham, Frederick A. Moore, Patrick Kochanek, and Mitchell P. Fink, remains your best source on effective management of critically ill patients. This trusted reference - acclaimed for its success in bridging the gap between medical and surgical critical care - now features an even stronger focus on patient outcomes, equipping you with the proven, evidence-based guidance you need to successfully overcome a full range of practice challenges. Inside, you’ll find totally updated coverage of vital topics, such as coagulation and apoptosis in certain critical care illnesses, such as acute lung injury and adult respiratory distress syndrome; sepsis and other serious infectious diseases; specific organ dysfunction and failure; and many other vital topics. At www.expertconsult.com you can access the complete contents of the book online, rapidly searchable, with regular updates plus new videos that demonstrate how to perform key critical care procedures. The result is an even more indispensable reference for every ICU.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Implement today’s most promising, evidence-based care strategies with an enhanced focus on patient outcomes.
- Effectively apply the latest techniques and approaches with totally updated coverage of the importance of coagulation and apoptosis in certain critical care illnesses, such as acute lung injury and adult respiratory distress syndrome; sepsis and other serious infectious diseases; specific organ dysfunction and failure; and many other vital topics.
- See how to perform key critical care procedures by watching a wealth of new videos online.
- Focus on the practical guidance you need with the aid of a new, more templated format in which basic science content has been integrated within clinical chapters, and all procedural content has been streamlined for online presentation and paired with videos.
- Access the complete contents of the book online at www.expertconsult.com, rapidly searchable, and stay current for years to come with regular online updates.
- Practice with confidence by consulting with a "who’s who" of global experts on every facet of critical care medicine.
"The editors should be congratulated for the choice of the contributors and for the style of presentation making the many, many parts fit nicely together. This book and the corresponding Web site can be recommended as an essential reference source for the busy clinical intensivist." - Anesthesiology, review of the 5th Edition
"Every ICU should have one, and every ICU should have access to the on-line version, which I think is more useful than the paper version." - British Journal of Anaesthesia, review of the 5th Edition
"This remains the leading comprehensive reference in this field. Content quality has been maintained while book size has been reduced by moving the references and procedure descriptions to the website. Web resources include a library of images from the book, with the option to download and reference links to Medline." - David J. Dries, MD(University of Minnesota Medical School), Excerpts from Doody’s review service, rating - 4 Stars!
By Jean-Louis Vincent, MD PhD, Professor of Critical Care Medicine, University of Brussels and Head, Department of Intensive Care, Erasme University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium; Edward Abraham, MD, Roger Sherman Professor of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Head, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Vice President, Administrative Affairs, Department of Medicine University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO; Patrick Kochanek, MD, Director Safar Center for Resuscitation Research, Professor University of Pittsburgh Medical School, Pittsburgh, PA; Frederick A. Moore, MD, FACS, FCCM and Mitchell P. Fink, MD, Professor; Surgery ; David Geffen School of Medicine University of California Los Angeles; Los Angeles, CA; US Professor; Anesthesiology; David Geffen School of Medicine University of California Los Angeles; Los Angeles, CA; US