Preventive Cardiology: Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease
Expert Consult – Online and Print
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Endorsed by the American Society for Preventive Cardiology! Preventive Cardiology - a new Companion to Braunwald’s Heart Disease - addresses the prevention and risk stratification of cardiovascular disease so that you can delay the onset of disease and moderate the effects and complications. Drs. Roger Blumenthal, JoAnne Foody, and Nathan Wong discuss the full range of relevant considerations, including the epidemiology of heart disease, risk assessment, risk factors, multiple risk factor-based prevention strategies, and developments in genetics and personalized medicine. With access to the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com, this authoritative reference gives you the clinically relevant information you need for the effective prevention of cardiovascular disease.Table of Contents
- Access the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com.
- Recognize the factors for prevention and risk stratification around cardiovascular disease and effectively delay the onset of disease and moderate the effects and complications, even for individual who are genetically predisposed.
- Effectively navigate full range of considerations in prevention from epidemiology of heart disease, biology of atherosclerosis and myocardial infraction, risk assessment-established risk factors and emerging risk factors, multiple risk factor-based prevention strategies, and future directions-through genetics, personalized medicine, and much more.
- Tap into the expertise of prominent leaders in cardiovascular disease prevention with guidance from Drs. Roger Blumenthal-longtime director of the Framingham Heart Study-JoAnne Foody, and Nathan Wong.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the pathogenesis of disease and the rationale for management through discussions of basic science.
- Apply current clinical practice guidelines to ensure optimal outcomes in both primary and secondary prevention.
"This book provides a comprehensive account of the past, current, and future developments in the field of preventive cardiology, enriched with landmark clinical trials, contemporary guidelines, and widely accepted clinical practices.
This well-written book focuses on understanding preventive cardiovascular disease on both a basic science and clinic level. It reflects current management guidelines and evidence-based clinical practices in the field of preventive cardiology, and will serve as comprehensive guide for clinicians." - Saima Karim, D.O.(Ochsner Clinic Foundation), Excerpts from Doody’s Review Service, Rating - 4 Stars!
By Roger Blumenthal, MD, FACC, FAHA, Director, The Johns Hopkins Ciccarone Center for the Prevention of Heart Disease, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland; JoAnne Foody, MD, FACC, FAHA, Director, Cardiovascular Wellness Center, Brigham and Women's/Faulkner Hospitals, Boston, Massachusetts and Nathan D. Wong, PhD, FACC, FAHA, Director, Heart Disease Prevention Program, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California