Community Oral Health Practice for the Dental Hygienist, 3rd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||
Created by a dental hygienist for dental hygienists, Community Oral Health Practice for the Dental Hygienist, 3rd Edition, helps you acquire the understanding to improve the oral health care of people throughout various communities and build a successful career in the public health sector. Learn how to effectively interact with and educate people of different cultures, plan and develop community projects, assess the risk of caries and other oral conditions, master ADEA Dental Hygiene Competencies, and more with proven, practical guidance.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- UNIQUE! Healthy People 2020 Objectives give you a competitive edge with the most up-to-date science-based guidelines for promoting health and preventing disease.
- New chapter on Planning a Student Community Oral Health Project helps you confidently move from the classroom into the community and apply what you've learned to improve oral health care.
- Content updates keep you current on timely issues such as access to care, expanded career opportunities, caries risk assessment, fluoride and sealants, social responsibility and justice, and cultural competence.
- Comprehensive, cutting-edge content delivers everything you need to know to succeed in practice.
- Test-taking strategies help you confidently prepare for the community oral health portion of the National Board Dental Hygiene Examination (NBDHE).
- Up-to-date information on national initiatives details the goals and guidelines of various government programs.
- ADEA Dental Hygiene Competencies included at the end of each chapter highlight expectations you'll encounter as you enter the workforce.
- Dental Hygienist Mini-Profiles provide real-world perspectives to help you prepare for practice and plan your career.
- Applying Your Knowledge sections suggest ways you can begin improving oral health in your community.
- Guiding principles, learning objectives, vocabulary terms, and chapter summaries help you study more efficiently and reinforce your understanding of the most important concepts.
- Expanded Community Cases on the companion Evolve website test your ability to apply your knowledge to common scenarios you may encounter as a dental hygienist.
By Kathy Voigt Geurink, RDH, MA, Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Dental Hygiene, School of Health Professions, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX