Physician Assistant: A Guide to Clinical Practice E-Book, 4th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Here's the only book dedicated to giving you the complete information that you need to become an effective Physician Assistant and maintain those high standards in practice. This up-to-date edition covers all aspects of the physician assistant profession, the PA curriculum, and the PA's role in practice, all in an easy-to-use textbook format that features convenient tables and clear illustrations, as well as case studies and clinical application questions. You'll find this book invaluable throughout your course of study, when entering the job market, and as an excellent reference in clinical practice. And, with this Expert Consult title, you'll be able to search the entire contents of the book, online, from anywhere.
New to This Edition
- Offers practical Pros and Cons box for each rotation and area of practice to aid in day-to-day decision making.
- Utilizes a fresh new two color format for better visual guidance.
- Focuses on clinical information with case studies included at the end of each chapter.
- Includes a new chapter on evidence-based medicine to prepare you for daily practice.
- Provides Expert Consult access so you can search the entire contents of the book, online.
- Includes a new chapter on Physician Assistants in international medicine to keep you on the cutting edge.
- Covers all the core competencies that you need to master for year one or for recertification, so you can excel.
- Gives you the information you need on all of the rotations and practice areas that are open to you to help you make the right decisions.
By Ruth Ballweg, MPA, PA-C, Associate Professor and Director, MEDEX Northwest Physician Assistant Program, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA; Edward M. Sullivan, MS, PA-C, Physician Assistant, J. Kirkland Grant Obstetrics and Gynecology Practice, Mesquite, TX; Darwin Brown, MPH, PA-C, Assistant Professor, Physician Assistant Program, University of Nebraska, Omaha, NE, USA and Daniel Vetrosky, PA-C, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Physician Assistant Studies, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL, USA