Essential Clinical Procedures E-Book, 2nd Edition
Written by foremost experts in the field, the 2nd Edition of this concise, well-organized text presents the latest common diagnostic and treatment-related procedures that you need to know. Its clear and concise hands-on guidance takes you step by step through the "how-to's" of more than 70 procedures. You'll also find important information on what needs to be done before and immediately following a procedure. It also provides the background and rationale behind each procedure. A host of supporting information in areas such as patient education, informed consent, billing, and delivering bad news ensures that you have all of the information you need to deliver the best and safest care to your patients.
New to This Edition
- Offers comprehensive updates throughout to incorporate new procedures and practices.
- Features new chapters on removing Cerumen foreign bodies from the ear * corneal abrasion and foreign body removal from the eye * endometrial biopsy * diabetic foot care * conscious sedation * ambulatory care billing and coding * and delivering bad news
- Features more than 200 illustrations depicting procedure steps and other important concepts.
- Presents information on patient preparation and the use of instruments and materials to help ensure the safe and effective performance of procedures.
- Highlights warnings to alert you to specific dangers, and points out what not to do when performing a procedure.
- Includes guidance on possible complications, rationales, and precautions to provide an overview of the "why," and not just the "how," of procedures.
- Covers nonprocedural issues including informed consent, standard precautions, patient education, and procedure documentation.
By Richard W. Dehn, MPA, PA-C, Clinical Professor and Assistant Director, Physician Assistant Program, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA; and David P. Asprey, PhD, PA-C, Associate Professor and Program Director, Physician Assistant Program, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA