The Travel and Tropical Medicine Manual E-Book, 4th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
|Print - Paperback||$75.95|
Here's a handy, portable guide to preventing, evaluating, and managing diseases that can be acquired in tropical environments and foreign countries! Whether you're a physician, traveler, or both, this respected manual is your perfect source for quick, easy access to the latest travel medicine information. New updates and additional material are presented in a sleek new design that offers rapid access to the content you need. The fourth edition features more critical content than ever before-including new evidence-based recommendations and new maps and illustrations. From pre-travel advice and immunizations to the diagnosis and treatment of a full range of travel-related illnesses, you'll have all the information you need to avoid, recognize, and treat illnesses acquired away from home in a convenient, pocket size guide.
New to This Edition
- Offers the most recent developments in tropical and travel medicine to keep you up-to-speed.
- Features more critical content than ever before-including new evidence-based recommendations, new maps and illustrations, and new vaccines and drugs used in travel medicine - all in a new full color design.
- Highlights major issues in new chapters such as Urban Medicine: Threats to Health of Travelers to Developing World Cities; Pre-Travel Risk Assessment and Health Advice for Missionaries and Other Long-Term Expatriate Volunteers; Trematodes; and others.
Illustrates key concepts with visual guidance from dynamic new images.
Offers evidence-based treatment recommendations to enable you to manage diseases confidently.
Provides access to need-to-know information quickly in a convenient, pocket size for excellent portability.
- Features 7 major sections, color-coded for quick answers:
- Pre-travel Advice
- Advice for Special Travelers
- Skin Lesions
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
By Christopher A. Sanford, MD, MPH, DTM&H, Co-Director, University of Washington Travel Clinic at Hall Health Center; Associate Professor, Family Medicine; Associate Professor, Global Health and Elaine C. Jong, MD, Clinical Professor of Medicine; Director, Hall Health Primary Care Center; Medical Director, UW Campus Health Services; Director Emeritus, UW Travel & Tropical Medicine Clinic, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA, USA