Equine Infectious Diseases E-Book
Ideal for both practitioners and students, this comprehensive resource covers the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of infectious disease in horses. Organized by infectious agent - virus, bacterial and rickettsial, protazoal, and fungal - it includes complete coverage of the individual diseases caused by each type of agent. A section on clinical problems examines conditions such as ocular infections, CNS infections, and skin infections. It also addresses the importance of preventing and controlling infectious disease outbreaks with coverage of epidemiology, biosecurity, antimicrobial therapy, and recognizing foreign equine diseases.
- Full-color photos and illustrations provide clear, accurate representations of the clinical appearance of infectious diseases.
- Features the most recent information on the global threat of newly emergent diseases such as African Horse Sickness.
- Includes a comprehensive section on the prevention and control of infectious diseases.
- More than 60 expert contributors share their knowledge and expertise in equine infectious disease.
- A companion CD-ROM, packaged with the book, includes complete references linked to PubMed.
By Debra C. Sellon, DVM, PhD, DACVIM, Associate Professor, Equine Medicine; College of Vet Medicine, Washington State University; and Maureen Long, DVM, PhD, DACVIM, College of Vet Medicine; University of Florida