Consultative Hemostasis and Thrombosis E-Book, 2nd Edition
Effectively and efficiently diagnose and manage today's full range of clotting and bleeding disorders using clinical case studies that demonstrate real-world problems and solutions! For each condition examined, you'll review concise descriptions of its associated symptoms, along with laboratory findings, diagnosis, differential diagnosis, and treatment - all the clinical guidance you need - at your fingertips. It's the ideal real-life reference tool for busy physicians!
New to This Edition
- A complete section on women's health issues helps you stay current in this evolving area.
- A new chapter on the impact of herbal medicines examines their effect on hemostasis and their interaction with other drugs.
- New coverage of hemostatic issues in traumatology, sepsis, interventional radiology, pulmonology, and cardiology allows you to master the latest advances.
- A reader-friendly design, coupled with nearly 385 illustrations and at-a-glance tables - many new to this edition - equip you to quickly locate the guidance you need.
- Abundant laboratory protocols enable you to select and interpret lab tests more easily.
By Craig S. Kitchens, MD, Chief, Medical Services Veterans Administration Medical Center, Gainesville, FL; Professor of Medicine, Division of Hematology/Oncology, University of Florida School of Medicine, Gainesville, FL; Barbara M. Alving, MD, Bethesda, Maryland; and Craig M. Kessler, MD, Professor of Medicine, Pathology, and Oncology, Vincent Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC