Medical Management of the Surgical Patient E-Book, 3rd Edition
|Print - Paperback||$86.95|
This practical handbook delivers complete, to-the-point, evidence-based guidance on the preoperative, perioperative, and post-operative medical care of surgical patients. Each chapter focuses on a particular area of clinical concern, with concise presentations of pathophysiology, assessment and management options, the latest drug treatment information, and essential information on risk stratification and quality improvement. The result is an invaluable source on the management of surgical patients with co-existing medical problems that may be affected by surgery, as well as how to approach medical complications that may occur during or following surgical procedures.
New to This Edition
- Extensively updated chapters.
- Easy-to-read tables present key information on each disorder, including classification, causes, risk factors and indexes, drug treatment information, mortality rates, laboratory findings, and postoperative complications.
- Recommendations accompanied by an assessment of the quality of supportive evidence, including randomized controlled trials, population based reviews, and consensus guidelines.
- A topical index takes you immediately to the answers you need.
- A new, smaller design makes the book easy to carry with you anywhere.
- Comprehensive discussions at the beginning of each chapter emphasize consultation in surgical patient management.
- A concise, bulleted format lets you absorb key information at a glance.
By Geno J. Merli, MD, FACP, Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA and Howard H. Weitz, MD, FACC, FACP, Thomas Jefferson University Department of Medical Divison, Cardiology, Philadelphia, PA