Pediatric Emergency Medicine E-Book
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
|Print - Hardback||
This authoritative reference equips you with the essential knowledge to provide comprehensive and effective care to children in an emergency setting. From age-specific diagnoses and chief complaints through developmental considerations and psychosocial issues, this text guides you through the full range of medical and surgical conditions commonly encountered when treating pediatric emergencies. The use of full color throughout, diagnostic algorithms, text boxes, charts, clinical pearls and pitfalls, and other visual features ensure the book will make crucial clinical information easy to find and apply.
- Tap into expert guidance on all aspects of pediatric emergency medicine, from the physical exam and usual and unusual presentations through to disposition criteria and transfer issues.
- Access step-by-step guidance on administering critical life support interventions and providing effective diagnostic and therapeutic ambulatory care.
- Quickly review specific treatment protocols for various emergency settings, including general emergency departments, community hospitals, tertiary care centers, EMS and transport, and triage.
- Find information fast with or without a known diagnosis, with content organized both by chief complaints and by specific diagnoses.
- Better understand how problems present differently in infants, children, and adolescents with age-specific diagnoses.
- Identify and manage the psychosocial issues surrounding pediatric patients, including major depression and suicidality, sexual and physical abuse, child neglect, and violence.
- Easily absorb key information with the aid of text boxes, algorithms, clinical pearls, and pitfalls.
- Retrieve information easily with a consistent templated format.
By Jill M. Baren, MD, MBE, FACEP, FAAP, Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine and Pediatrics Associate, Department of Medical Ethics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine; Attending Physician, Department of Emergency Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania; Attending Physician, Division of Emergency Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, PA; Steven G. Rothrock, MD, FACEP, FAAP, Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine; Associate Professor of Clinical Sciences, Florida State University College of Medicine; Orlando Regional Healthcare System, Orlando, FL; John Brennan, MD, FAAP, FACEP, Senior Vice President for Clinical and Emergency Services; Director, Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Saint Barnabas Health Care System, West Orange, NJ; and Lance Brown, MD, MPH, FACEP, FAAP, Chief, Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine and Pediatrics, Loma Linda University Medical Center and Children's Hospital, Loma Linda, CA