(Expert Consult - Online and Print)
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Supportive Oncology, by Drs. Davis, Feyer, Ortner, and Zimmermann, is your practical guide to improving your patients‘ quality of life and overall outcomes by integrating palliative care principles into the scope of clinical oncologic practice at all points along their illness trajectories. A multidisciplinary editorial team, representing the dual perspectives of palliative medicine and oncology, offers expert guidance on how to effectively communicate diagnoses and prognoses with cancer patients and their families, set treatment goals, and manage symptoms through pharmacological therapies, as well as non-pharmacological therapies and counselling when appropriate. The complete contents are available on www.expertconsult.com.
- Integrate complementary palliative principles as early as possible after diagnosis with guidance from a multidisciplinary editorial team whose different perspectives and collaboration provide a well-balanced approach.
- Effectively communicate diagnoses and prognoses with cancer patients and their families, set treatment goals, and manage symptoms through pharmacological therapies, as well as non-pharmacological therapies and counseling when appropriate.
- Improve patients’ quality of life with the latest information on pain and symptom management including managing side effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy, rehabilitating and counselling long-term survivors, and managing tumor-related symptoms and other complications in the palliative care setting.
- Prescribe the most effective medications, manage toxicities, and deal with high symptom burdens.
- Access the complete contents online at www.expertconsult.com.
"This is a very thorough review of the medical literature in diverse topics in supportive oncology, ranging from treatment of allergic or dermatologic chemotherapy reactions, to sexual function and intimacy after cancer, to spirituality assessment and discussing difficult matters. The best part of this book is the extensive review of the literature on a broad array of topics. It is also a good reference for researchers looking for proper measurement tools.
This is the most comprehensive supportive oncology book I have seen in terms of the number of topics addressed. In particular, the sections on management of chemotherapy-associated adverse effects were particularly helpful." - Maxwell T Vergo, BS, MD(Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine), Excerpts from Doody’s review service
By Mellar P. Davis, MD, FCCP, Medical Director, Harry Horvitz Center for Palliative Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA; Petra Feyer; Petra Ortner and Camilla Zimmermann