FREE Shipping: All Individuals in United States, Mexico, Central and South America & The Caribbean
Manual of Pediatric Anesthesia, 6th Edition
With an Index of Pediatric Syndromes
Jerrold Lerman, MD, David Steward, MB, BS, FRCPC and Charles J. Cote, MD
The new edition of Manual of Pediatric Anesthesia, by Drs. Lerman, Coté & Steward, summarizes the principles of pediatric anesthesia and details important management considerations for a wide variety of conditions. Thoroughly updated and expanded, it reflects the latest research on new drugs and techniques to keep you absolutely up to date. Covering everything from chronic and acute pain through the pathophysiology of surgical disease to endoscopic procedures, you’ll find exactly what you need to safely and effective administer anesthesia to your pediatric patients. Also, it's handy, pocket size is perfect for quick reference and review.
• Includes the latest information on recently introduced drugs used in pediatric anesthesia to keep you up to date on dosing and adverse reactions.
• Features new chapters on Anesthetic Implications of Syndromes and Unusual Disorders and Cardiopulmonary and Neonatal Resuscitation to help you prepare for the challenges you face.
• Presents expanded coverage of complex surgical conditions, including minimally invasive techniques.
• Covers today’s advances in sedation and intraoperative and postoperative pain management for the latest perspectives on the controversial topic of pediatric pain management.
• Discusses anesthetics and procedures outside of the operating room.
• Explores the issue of anxiety and the parent/child/anesthesiologist relationship.
• Provides more tables and algorithms for at-a-glance guidance.
• Presents an index of syndromes and conditions and their implications for the anesthesiologist.
• Includes appendices on drug dosages and growth curves.
• Uses a consistent format throughout that makes reference easy.
By Jerrold Lerman, MD, Clinical Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY; Department of Anesthesiology, Children's Hospital of Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, USA; David Steward, MB, BS, FRCPC, Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Southern California School of Medicine; Director, Department of Anesthesiology, Children's Hospital of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA and Charles J. Cote, MD, Professor of Anaesthesia, Harvard Medical School; Director of Clinical Research, Division of Pediatric Anesthesia, MassGeneral Hospital for Children; Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
Elsevier is a leading publisher of health science books and journals, helping to advance medicine by delivering superior education, reference information and decision support tools to doctors, nurses, health practitioners and students. With titles available across a variety of media—print, online and mobile, we are able to supply the information you need in the most convenient format.