Chronic Kidney Disease, Dialysis, and Transplantation, 3rd Edition
A Companion to Brenner and Rector's The Kidney - Expert Consult: Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Chronic Kidney Disease, Dialysis, and Transplantation-a companion to Brenner and Rector’s The Kidney-covers all clinical management issues relevant to chronic kidney disease. Drs. Jonathan Himmelfarb and Mohamed Sayegh lead a team of expert contributors to present you with the latest advances in hypertensive kidney disease, vitamin D deficiency, diabetes management, transplantation, and more. With the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com, you’ll have convenient access to everything you need to manage your patients.
New to This Edition
- Access the fully searchable contents online at www.expertconsult.com, along with links to PubMed.
- Better manage your patients with up-to-date coverage on the latest advances in 13 new chapters including Hypertensive Kidney Disease, Vitamin D Deficiency, Diabetes Management, and more.
- Gain fresh perspectives from a revised editorial team led by Jonathan Himmelfarb-a young leader in the field of acute renal failure-and Mohamed Sayegh-a worldwide expert on kidney transplantation.
- Apply the expertise of distinguished researchers and clinicians in the fields of hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, critical care nephrology, and transplantation.
- Manage the full range of issues in chronic kidney disease, dialysis, and transplantation through comprehensive coverage of basic science and clinical tools.
- Gain clear visual understanding from illustrations, including diagnostic and treatment algorithms, line drawings, and photographs.
"...this is a very important book, particularly the first two sections in recognizing and managing progressive chronic kidney disease. This growing population of patients will need appropriate management by primary care physicians and educational resources such as this provide a good option. The subsequent sections are better suited for nephrologists, but provide easy to read information on the latest trends in management of advanced CKD, followed by a review of acute kidney injury diagnosis and management." - Jon Webb, MD, Doody's Review Service
"This is the third edition of a text written by well renowned experts, clinicians, and researchers in the fields of nephrology, hypertension, and kidney transplantation. It is intended for physicians as well as other allied health professionals having particular interest in chronic kidney disease (CKD) and its confounding complications. ... The editors have used a consistent, comprehensive, and easy-to-read format placing appropriate emphasis on the latest understanding of CKD, based on recently published literature. Unlike some other reference textbooks on the subject, this book is less encyclopedic and primarily centers on CKD-relevant material. ... The book's format is appealing and reader friendly. ... In keeping with technology and interactive learning, the publishers have enabled readers to access an electronic version of the book through the ExpertConsult website. This unique feature gives the user the ability to print material as well as the ability to click on the references at the end of each chapter and link them to online databases such as MEDLINE and PubMed. ... Chronic Kidney Disease, Dialysis, and Transplantation will be of utmost interest to clinicians and readers with special interest in CKD, particularly nephrologists, nephrology fellows-in-training, internists, and family practioners. Similarly, other allied health professionals who deal with CKD will find this book exceedingly useful. For medical students, interns, and residents intending to undertake sub-specialty training in nephrology, the book provides a good introduction to the bread-and-butter issues encounteres in most nephrology practices, whether in academic settings or the private sectore. I strongly recommend that it should be available in all medical school libraries." - Edgar Lerma, MD, JAMA
By Jonathan Himmelfarb, MD, Jonathan Himmelfarb, MD, Professor of Medicine, Joseph W. Eschbach Endowed Chair for Kidney Research; Director, Kidney Research Institute, Dept. of Medicine, Div. of Nephrology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA and Mohamed H. Sayegh, MD, FAHA, FASN, ASCI, AAP, Raja N. Khuri Dean, Faculty of Medicine, American University of Beirut; Director, Schuster Family Transplantation Research Center Brigham Women's Hospital & Children's Hospital, Boston; Visiting Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School Boston, MA