Henry's Clinical Diagnosis and Management by Laboratory Methods, 22nd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Recognized as the definitive book in laboratory medicine since 1908, Henry’s Clinical Diagnosis and Management by Laboratory Methods, edited by Richard A. McPherson, MD and Matthew R. Pincus, MD, PhD, is a comprehensive, multidisciplinary pathology reference that gives you state-of-the-art guidance on lab test selection and interpretation of results. Revisions throughout keep you current on the latest topics in the field, such as biochemical markers of bone metabolism, clinical enzymology, pharmacogenomics, and more! A user-friendly full-color layout as well as online access to the full text and complete image bank at www.expertconsult.com put all the latest, most essential knowledge at your fingertips.
New to This Edition
- Master all the latest approaches in clinical laboratory medicine with new and updated coverage of:
- the chemical basis for analyte assays and common interferences;
- lipids and dyslipoproteinemia;
- markers in the blood for cardiac injury evaluation and related stroke disorders;
- coagulation testing for antiplatelet drugs such as aspirin and clopidogrel;
- biochemical markers of bone metabolism;
- clinical enzymology;
- hematology and transfusion medicine;
- medical microbiology;
- body fluid analysis;
- and many other rapidly evolving frontiers in the field.
- Effectively monitor the pace of drug clearing in patients undergoing pharmacogenomic treatments with a new chapter on this groundbreaking new area.
- Apply the latest best practices in clinical laboratory management with special chapters on organization, work flow, quality control, interpretation of results, informatics, financial management, and establishing a molecular diagnostics laboratory.
- Confidently prepare for the upcoming recertification exams for clinical pathologists set to begin in 2016.
- Search the full text online at expertconsult.com including a downloadable image library and references linked to pub med abstracts.
- Update your understanding of the scientific foundation and clinical application of today's complete range of laboratory tests.
- Get optimal test results with guidance on error detection, correction, and prevention as well as cost-effective test selection.
- Reference the information you need quickly and easily thanks to a full-color layout, many new color illustrations and visual aids, and an organization by organ system.
"There is a reason why this book remains one of the fundamental textbooks of laboratory medicine -- it is comprehensive, simply superb, and virtually unmatched in scope and thoroughness. This book is entirely available as an electronic version on a companion website, and entirely searchable by keyword. WOW! Now this is a major, major advantage that sets this book apart from its competitors. Just think how smart you will look on rounds accompanied only by your smart phone and this book on your "favourites" list. There is a reason why this book is a must-have, and this edition is a definite must-have for anyone interested in laboratory medicine."
Valerie Ng, MD, PhD - Alameda County Medical Center
5 Star - Doody, March 2013
By Richard A. McPherson, MD, Professor and Chairman, Division of Clinical Pathology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA and Matthew R. Pincus, MD, PhD, Professor, Department of Pathology, State University of New York Health Sciences Center at Brooklyn; Chairman, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, New York Harbor Veterans Affairs Health Care System, Brooklyn, NY