AANA Advanced Arthroscopy: The Hip
Expert Consult: Online, Print and DVD
AANA Advanced Arthroscopy: The Hip, by J.W. Thomas Byrd, MD and Carlos A. Guanche, MD, helps you make the most effective use of advanced and emerging, state-of-the-art arthroscopic techniques for managing a wide range of hip problems. Premier arthroscopic surgeons discuss disease-specific options, managing and avoiding complications, and rehabilitation protocols…in print and online. 6 videos demonstrate management of chondral lesions, arthroscopic débridement of pincer impingement and labral repair, arthroscopic femoroplasty: correction of cam lesion, endoscopic release of endotibial band, arthroscopic treatment of peritrochanteric disorders of the hip, and more.
- Access the fully searchable text, along with a video library of procedures and links to PubMed, online at expertconsult.com.
- Stay current through coverage of hot topics like Tears of the Cartilaginous Labrum, Chondral Lesions, Femoroacetabular Impingement - Cam, Abductor Tears, and External Snapping Hip Syndrome.
- Hone your skills thanks to 6 videos of techniques-on Management of Chondral Lesions, Arthroscopic Débridement of Pincer Impingement and Labral Repair, Arthroscopic Femoroplasty: Correction of Cam Lesion, Endoscopic Release of Endotibial Band, Arthroscopic Treatment of Peritrochanteric Disorders of the Hip, and more-performed by experts.
- See arthroscopic surgical details in full color and understand nuances through interpretative drawings of technical details.
- Optimize surgical results and outcomes with an emphasis on advanced and emerging arthroscopic techniques, surgical tips, and pearls.
"Seventeen international specialists contribute 11 chapters to one text in a five-book series providing clinicians with state-of-the-art arthroscopic techniques for the shoulder, elbow and wrist, hip, knee, and foot and ankle. Coverage includes the clinical examination and imaging of the hip, followed by procedure-oriented chapters on chondral lesions, labral pathology, cam- type femoroacetabular impingement, pincer impingement, synovitis, degenerative joint disease, hip instability, internal snapping hip syndrome, external snapping hip syndrome, abductor tears, and computer-assisted surgery for femoroacetabular impingment. The material is illustrated throughout with full-color photographs and interpretive drawings. The accompanying CD-ROM contains six videos of techniques; users can also access the fully searchable text and supplemental materials online."
- Book News, Inc.
By J.W. Thomas Byrd, Nashville Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Clinic, Nashville, TN and Carlos A. Guanche, Southern California Orthopaedic Institute, Van Nuys, CA