Health Information - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 4th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$68.90|
|Print - Hardback||$106.00|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Following the AHIMA standards for education for both two-year HIT programs and four-year HIA programs, Health Information: Management of a Strategic Resource, 4th Edition describes the deployment of information technology and your role as a HIM professional in the development of the electronic health record. It provides clear coverage of health information infrastructure and systems along with health care informatics including technology, applications, and security. Practical applications provide hands-on experience in abstracting and manipulating health information data. From well-known HIM experts Mervat Abdelhak, Sara S. Grostick, and Mary Alice Hanken, this book includes examples from diverse areas of health care delivery such as long-term care, public health, home health care, and ambulatory care. An e-book version makes it even easier to learn to manage and use health data electronically.
New to This Edition
- Self-assessment quizzes test your learning and retention, with answers available on the companion Evolve website.
- Did You Know? boxes highlight interesting facts to enhance learning.
- A focus on the electronic health care record helps you learn electronic methods of organizing, maintaining, and abstracting from the patient health care record.
- Learning features include a chapter outline, key words, common abbreviations, and learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter, and references at the end.
- Unique! Availability in the e-book format helps you in researching, abstracting, and managing data electronically.
- A study guide on the companion Evolve website includes interactive exercises and cases containing real-life medical records, letting you apply what you've learned from the book and in the classroom.
- Evolve logos within the textbook connect the material to the Evolve website, tying together the textbook, student study guide and online resources.
- Well-known and respected authors include Mervat Abdelhak and Mary Alice Hanken, past presidents of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), and Sara S. Grostick, a 2007 AHIMA Triumph Award winner for excellence in education.
By Mervat Abdelhak, PhD, RHIA, Department Chair and Associate Professor, Health Information Management, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA; Sara Grostick, MA, RHIA, Director, Health Information Management Program and Associate Professor, School of Health Related Professions, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL and Mary Alice Hanken, PhD, RHIA, Independent Consultant; Senior Lecturer, Health Information Administration Community Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA