Zakim and Boyer's Hepatology, 6th Edition
A Textbook of Liver Disease - Expert Consult: Online and Print
Zakim and Boyer’s Hepatology-the defining work in hepatology-presents comprehensive coverage of both basic science and clinically relevant developments so you can provide the best possible patient care. Drs. Thomas Boyer, Michael Manns, and Arun Sanyal have reorganized and updated the contents of this trusted global reference to reflect today’s more clinical approach to hepatology. They bring you up to date on hot topics including HIV Co-Infection Drug Toxicity, Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC), and much more. This new streamlined edition is now a single volume with access to the fully searchable contents and an image bank online at www.expertconsult.com making it easier to find the treatment information you need.
New to This Edition
- Access the complete, fully searchable contents of the book online at www.expertconsult.com, along with a downloadable image bank and complete list of references.
- Stay current on new developments in the field through five new chapters on Pathogenesis Liver Injury in HBV, HCV; HCC; Imaging and Non-Invasive DX Liver Disease CT, US, Fibroscan, MRI; HIV Co-Infection Drug Toxicity; and HBC, HCV in Non-Liver Transplant Patients, plus comprehensive updates throughout.
- Apply best practices with reorganized and updated content that reflects today’s need for a more clinical approach to hepatology.
- Reference key information more easily thanks to streamlined content that now fits into one volume.
- Effectively treat all liver diseases currently seen in clinical practice with authoritative guidance from leading international authorities.
- Reinforce your foundation in basic science with the concise Pathophysiology of Therapeutic Targets section.
- See clear presentations of liver disease through hundreds of detailed, color illustrations.
- Explore topics further with up-to-date references that direct you to the significant literature.
By Arun J. Sanyal, MD, Charles Caravati Chair and Professor of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Department of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA