Physical Examination and Health Assessment Video Series, Version 2
Set of 18 DVDs
See how to conduct physical exams with step-by-step videos! The Physical Examination & Health Assessment video series demonstrates the complete physical exam, so you can follow along and learn assessment techniques before you work with actual patients. More than five hours of video are presented by body system and show exams across the lifespan - from children to adults and pregnant women to older adults. Full-color animations show the internal workings of the body, and checklists summarize each exam step. From well-known nursing educator Carolyn Jarvis, these videos make learning easier with a unique three-panel format including video, narrative summaries, and special highlights.Table of Contents
- Over five hours of video present full-motion, step-by-step demonstrations on how to perform physical exams.
- Full-color anatomical reviews with animations and illustration overlays show what’s beneath the skin.
- Cross-Cultural Care and Developmental Care points are highlighted, and emphasize variations in findings and procedures.
- Health promotion is conveyed through live-action scenarios.
- Menu screen options allow you to view videos in their entirety or by topic.
- Bonus content includes checklists, cross-cultural and developmental scenes, health promotion guides, patient-teaching topics for classroom discussion, and review questions.
- A print booklet includes a video outline, history questions, lists of required equipment, and critical thinking questions with answers.
By Carolyn Jarvis, PhD, APN, CNP, Professor, School of Nursing, Illinois Wesleyan University; Nurse Practitioner, Community Health Care Clinic, Bloomington, Illinois