Saunders Essentials of Medical Assisting - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$107.00|
|Print - Hardback||$107.00|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Saunders Essentials of Medical Assisting, 2nd Edition, is designed to give you just the right amount of the essential information you need to prepare for your career as a medical assistant. It covers all of the need-to-know information in an organized, approachable format. The condensed information is perfect for shorter programs of study and as a review tool for certification or re-certification for practicing medical assistants. Full-color and visually oriented, this text presents information in manageable segments that give you all the relevant facts, without being overwhelming. With the most up-to-date information on basic body systems; foundational concepts such as medical terminology, nutrition, and full coverage of office concepts and procedures, you'll have everything you need to know to begin your Medical Assisting career with confidence.
New to This Edition
- UPDATED information on Medical Office Technology prepares students for jobs in today's modern, and often hectic, medical offices.
- NEW Disaster Preparedness content demonstrates how medical offices can work closely with community and health departments during an emergency.
- Newly organized information emphasizes foundational areas of knowledge, with new chapters on Nutrition, Phlebotomy (Venipuncture), and Blood, Lymphatic, and Immune Systems.
- Full-color design is visually stimulating and great for visual learners.
- Helpful studying features guide students through the material, such as: Learning Objectives for every chapter, Key Information summarized in tables throughout the text, and emphasized Key Words!
- Practical Applications case studies at the beginning of each chapter quickly introduce students to real-life Medical Assisting.
- Word Parts and Abbreviations at the end of the Anatomy and Physiology sections reinforce learned medical terminology.
- Illustrated step-by-step Procedures, with charting examples and rationales, show how to perform and document administrative and clinical procedures.
By Diane M. Klieger, RN, MBA, CMA (AAMA), Retired Program Director, Medical Assisting; Adjunct Medical Assisting Instructor, Pinellas Technical Education Centers, St. Petersburg, FL, USA