Aortic Diseases; Pericardial Diseases and Complications of Myocardial Infarction Package
Clinical Diagnostic Imaging Atlas with DVD
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
If you conduct the right diagnostic imaging tests at the right moments, you can detect and treat aortic diseases, pericardial diseases, and complications of myocardial infarction in time to save many patients. Every cardiac and coronary emergency poses its own set of complications and challenges and requires immediate action. That’s why you need the brand-new Clinical Diagnostic Imaging Atlas Series. Each disease-specific volume offers you authoritative guidance from Stuart J. Hutchison, an expert on clinical cardiac imaging, on when and how to perform the latest diagnostic imaging tests, interpret the results, and effectively treat the emergency. You’ll find today’s best thinking on hot topics such as TEVAR/EVAR procedures, ventricular septal rupture, pericardial effusions, and many more. Plus, each title includes illustrated case presentations, access to a downloadable image library, and a bonus DVD containing videos and animations.
- Features detailed advice on when and how to screen for the most prevalent but often difficult-to-diagnose coronary emergencies to improve care and survival rates.
- Offers expert guidance on the advantages and limitations of chest radiology, transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography, cardiac CT, MR, angiography, and nuclear cardiology techniques, so you can quickly determine the best imaging approach for each patient.
- Presents supporting evidence and current AHA/ACC guidelines to help you accurately interpret your imaging findings.
- Discusses the hottest topics in the field, including imaging of the aorta • coarctation of the aorta • Marfan syndrome • traumatic disruption of the aorta • false aneurysms • tamponade • ventricular septal rupture • imaging of the pericardium • pericarditis • pericardial effusions • and more, keeping you absolutely current.
- Uses a consistent, easy-to-follow chapter format that includes topic overview and an outline of imaging/diagnostic options for quick access to high-yield information.
- Incorporates fully illustrated case presentations with teaching points into each disease-specific volume to help you master every technique.
- Includes an accompanying DVD—with each title—containing hundreds of videos, animations, and access to online downloadable image libraries that help you learn what to look for and how to proceed.
- Provides expert visual guidance via hundreds of full-color illustrations.
By Stuart J. Hutchison, MD, FRCPC, FACC, FAHA, FASE, FSCMR, FSCCT, Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Calgary Division of Cardiology, Foothills Medical Center; Department of Cardiac Sciences, Libin Cardiovascular Institute of Alberta, Calgary, Canada