Breastfeeding, 7th Edition
A Guide for the Medical Professional (Expert Consult - Online and Print)
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Breastfeeding is a comprehensive reference that provides basic science information as well as practical applications. Dr. Ruth Lawrence-a pioneer in the field of human lactation-covers the uses of certain drugs in lactating women, infectious diseases related to lactation, the latest Australian research on anatomy and physiology, and much more…in print and online.
New to This Edition
- Access the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com.
- Treat conditions associated with breastfeeding-such as sore nipples, burning pain, or hives-using extensive evidence-based information.
- Apply the latest understanding of anatomy and physiology through coverage of recent Australian CT and MR studies of the breast and its function.
- Stay current on new research on infectious diseases germane to lactation and new antibiotics, antivirals, and immunizations available for use during lactation.
- Effectively manage the use of medications during lactation thanks to an updated discussion of this difficult subject.
- Provide thoughtful guidance to the breastfeeding mother according to her circumstances, problems, and lifestyle from integrated coverage of evidence-based data and practical experience.
- Make appropriate drug recommendations, including approved medications, over-the-counter medications, and herbal remedies.
"This is the most complete guide to breastfeeding available. It is comprehensive, easy to read, and covers all pertinent aspects. The book is a strong advocate for breastfeeding, which is a laudable objective. It should be part of every perinatal clinician's library, where it will be referred to often. As a clinician, I have found the appendixes and protocols, which make up the last third of the book, the most helpful aspects of this book." - Jay P. Goldsmith, MD(Tulane University School of Medicine), Excerpts from Doody’s review service, Rating - 5 Stars!
By Ruth A. Lawrence, MD, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY