Atlas of Liver Pathology, 3rd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
The Atlas of Liver Pathology, by Drs. Gary C. Kanel and Jacob Korula, provides the visual guidance you need to accurately diagnose all forms of liver disease. Organized by disease type, it points out major histological features, updates disease parameters with new images and diagrams, and helps you understand the clinical aspects of each disease. In print and online, it provides quick and convenient reference to virtually all of the liver disorders commonly seen today. Nine-hundred-plus high-quality, full-color images capture the gross and histological presentation of liver pathology ideal for comparison to the specimens you encounter in practice.
New to This Edition
- Ensure accurate diagnoses with the help of 900+ full-color, high-quality images which capture the gross and histological presentation of liver pathology.
- Keep up with the latest findings on newly recognized liver diseases as well as rare disorders such as Langerhans cell histiocytosis, Leishmaniasis, Niemann-Pick disease, Lymphangioma, Pheochromocytoma, Infection-associated (reactive) hemophagocytic syndrome, and glycogen storage diseases.
- Find tables that cover rare diseases and disorders throughout the book.
- Obtain assistance with liver biopsy interpretation through greatly expanded coverage including differential diagnostic tables in a new section of the book, increased images, and more.
- Confidently recognize the major characteristics and distinguishing features of various diseases by examining the revised section on "Clinical and Biologic Behavior."
- Search the complete text online and download all of the illustrations at www.expertconsult.com.
- Interpret liver specimens systematically by first considering the morphology, the differential diagnoses, and then the clinical features, including descriptions of the clinical and biologic behavior, treatment, and prognosis.
Quickly and easily retrieve the information you need using a templated format that includes concise, bulleted text and abundant tables.
"It may become a favorite for many because of the accessibility of its information, its concise and authoritative clinical material, and not least, because it so frequently offers good illustrations of uncommon entities that are sparsely depicted, if at all, in other books...Beautifully edited and elegantly produced...a comprehensive and excellent guide to liver-biopsy interpretation."-NEJM (review of the 1st edition)
"…this book provides the tools to tackle challenging biopsy specimens with greater confidence." American Journal of Clinical Pathology (review of the 2nd edition)
"In summary, the Atlas of Liver Pathology, Second Edition provides a large number of high-quality photomicrographs with accompanying clinical text. The figures present clear examples of liver histopathology while the text provides enough information to provide a clinical correlation." -- Practical Gastroenterology, (review of the 2nd edition)
"Once again, the authors have delivered a concise, superbly illustrated atlas of liver pathology. With updates of new information, the addition of more pictures and tables, the third edition is a welcome addition to the library of anyone studying liver disease."- Maura F. O'Neil, MD, Doody’s Review Service, 5 Stars!
By Gary C. Kanel, MD, Professor of Clinical Pathology, University of Southern California, Associate Pathologist, Los Angeles County & USC Medical Center and USC University Hospital, Los Angeles, CA and Jacob Korula, MD, Comprehensive Liver Disease Center St. Vincent Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA