Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics, 19th Edition
Expert Consult Premium Edition - Enhanced Online Features and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
"Highly Commended," Paediatrics Category, British Medical Association 2012 Medical Book Competition
New to This Edition
- Access the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com, along with abundant case studies, new references and journal articles, Clinics articles, and exclusive web-only content.
- Stay current on recent developments and hot topics such as melamine poisoning, long-term mechanical ventilation in the acutely ill child, sexual identity and adolescent homosexuality, age-specific behavior disturbances, and psychosis associated with epilepsy.
- Tap into substantially enhanced content with world-leading clinical and research expertise from two new editors-Joseph St. Geme, III, MD and Nina Schor, MD-who contribute on the key subspecialties, including pediatric infectious disease and pediatric neurology.
- Manage the transition to adult healthcare for children with chronic diseases through discussions of the overall health needs of patients with congenital heart defects, diabetes, and cystic fibrosis.
- Recognize, diagnose, and manage genetic conditions more effectively using an expanded section that covers these diseases, disorders, and syndromes extensively.
- Find information on chronic and common dermatologic problems more easily with a more intuitive reorganization of the section.
- Understand the principles of therapy and which drugs and dosages to prescribe for every disease.
- Locate key content easily and identify clinical conditions quickly thanks to a full-color design and full-color photographs.
"Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics has been the world's most trusted pediatrics resource for nearly 75 years. Drs. Robert Kliegman, Bonita Stanton, Richard Behrman, and two new editors – Joseph St. Geme, III, MD and Nina Schor, MD, who contribute on the key subspecialties, including pediatric infectious disease and pediatric neurology – continue to provide the most authoritative coverage of the best approaches to care. This streamlined 19th edition covers the latest on genetics, neurology, infectious disease, melamine poisoning, sexual identity and adolescent homosexuality, and psychosis associated with epilepsy. The expanded online access features the regularly updated text, case studies, new references and journal articles, Clinics articles, and exclusive web-only content.
Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics provides a dynamic multimedia resource to meet patients' changing needs. This 19th edition continues to provide THE BEST pediatric information with expanded premium multimedia features, extensively revised content, and two new editors. The expanded online access features the regularly updated text, case studies, new references and journal articles, Clinics articles, and exclusive web-only content so that clinicians get even more out of this invaluable reference." - SirReadaLot.org
"Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics, now in its 19th Edition, has been widely regarded as the definitive paediatric reference textbook for the best part of a century...In conclusion, I was very impressed with the overall package that I reviewed. The textbook, by itself, would probably not sway me from continuing to use Forfar's as my first-line reference, because I find it easier to navigate , aqnd just as authoritative. The webpage, howeer, was susch a fantastic and individuals at any stage in their career. The paediatric reference book has gone to the next level."
Seminars in Fetal & Neonatal Medicine, October 2012
"This widely respected, comprehensive, and now online synthesis of clinical pediatrics continues as the standard resource in this discipline. The editors state their goal is to "provide the most authoritative coverage of the best approaches to care" of normal and ill neonates, children, and adolescents. They achieve this ambitious goal. This 19th edition represents a significant advance over previous editions of this authoritative book. It remains the standard in the field of pediatric medicine." – Daniel Bronfin Ochsner Clinic Foundation
4 star, Doody Rating
By Robert M. Kliegman, MD, Professor and Chair, Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI; Bonita M.D. Stanton, MD, Schotanus Professor and Chair, Department of Pediatrics, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA; Joseph St. Geme; Nina Schor, MD, PhD and Richard E. Behrman, MD, Executive Chair, Pediatric Education Steering Committee, Federation of Pediatric Organizations, Menlo Park, CA; Clinical Professor of Pediatrics, Stanford University and the University of California, San Francisco, CA; George Washington University, Washington, DC